Taking a break from LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Arfie

Taking a break from LDN

Post by Arfie »

I have been taking LDN for almost 4 months without a break.

Can someone advise on the effects of stopping LDN for a short term.

There seems to be mixed opinions on dependancy and effect after continous usage. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Arfie 33 RRMS Aug03
Andy
Family Member

LDN

Post by Andy »

Hi Arfie, I have been on LDN since Feb of this year and I personally (on advice from a doctor who himself has MS) take LDN for 2 weeks ON then 2 days OFF, this regime seems to suit me ok, I am on 3mg/day and no longer have pains in my feet and ankles nor do I have to get up through the night to use the loo. BRILLIANT !!!!
I have PPMS dx 1995

Hope you get good results too.

Regards
Andy
ps Hope this is helpful to you.
JoyceF
Family Elder

LDN breaks.....

Post by JoyceF »

Hi Arfie,
There seems to be two schools of thought on this particular topic. Dr. Bihari does not feel that there is a need for any such breaks from the daily use of LDN, whereas, Dr. Lawrence feels that there might be some sort of accommodation that might occur. He advocates taking a break about every 10 days or so I think (not sure about the schedule because I have never taken an intentional break, I have missed a dose once or twice and never noticed a difference on those days when I did). I have heard it said that there are those that take a break and those that don't so I spose it is entirely up to you. Good luck.
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

I started Feb 02 also. After 2-3 months started having sleep disturbance, which was odd because one of the first effects I saw was that I slept like a rock, with no more twitching. Im on 4.5mg, and now I do the every 10th day off. Has kept sleep normal, and I don't notice any major downturn from the 1 day break.

SammyJo
LDN Survey http://home.earthlink.net/~dflomer/LDN/

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”