Approx. how much time until LDN kicks in?

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Fer75

Approx. how much time until LDN kicks in?

Post by Fer75 »

I just would like to know, how long approximately it takes for LDN to start effecting body after taking it?
Normal food, B1 1,4 - 5,2 mg, B3 18mg - 72mg, B6 2,2 - 4,8 mg, B12 1 mg, C 500 mg, D3 125 µg, Magnesium 350 - 1400 mg, Fish Oil 1000 mg, Omega 3 E-EPA 620 mg, Omega 3 E-DHA 205 mg, LDN 3 mg /day
NormB
Family Elder

Re: Approx. how much time until LDN kicks in?

Post by NormB »

Welcome to the forum,
As for your answer it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks but many has had different times as low as overnight to many months.
You didn't say what stage is your MS. So please give it a chance as it definitively improves one's quality of life.
In my case I am Secondary Progressive and it took roughly 3 weeks with a very good outcome.

Good Luck

Norm
'92 diag RR - '05 SP
On LDN since Sept. 2012 with better quality of life.
Fer75

Post by Fer75 »

Thank you. Lots of info here and glad to be here.

Ok, well I'm @ RRMS after 20 years, what I mostly was looking for was - when I have these very "bad" sleep patterns - sometimes I go to sleep at 00:00, sometimes 6:00am and all that, so my sleeping time varies sometimes quite much - I stay with some pattern for some time, then it can change simply change many hours if I don't get sleep.. and so on. So should I take the drug 1 hr, 2hr? before I go to sleep? Or is it just better for me to keep taking LDN 24 hr intervals, whether I'm going to sleep or not. Put some alarm clock waking me up if I'm at sleep at the LDN taking time. So that's why I asked it's effect time, it really doesn't help if I hear 9pm-2am, cause maybe I'm awake then, or not depends - if it's true that body creates endorphins best at sleep, then maybe I really need to change my sleep pattern -- and this time keep them steady.

Took my first 1.5mg last night, so it begins for me now - I will continue taking LDN as my only drug, for 20 years I haven't had any drugs for this, well some short term tries with Avonex & Rebif, but so short time don't even matter. I'm not interested in intoxicating myself with those official MS drugs*.

*...just my opinion ;]
Normal food, B1 1,4 - 5,2 mg, B3 18mg - 72mg, B6 2,2 - 4,8 mg, B12 1 mg, C 500 mg, D3 125 µg, Magnesium 350 - 1400 mg, Fish Oil 1000 mg, Omega 3 E-EPA 620 mg, Omega 3 E-DHA 205 mg, LDN 3 mg /day
NormB
Family Elder

Post by NormB »

Sorry for the late reply, I hope the LDN is starting to give you some benefits.
As for the best time to take it, Dr. Bihari the person that found the benefits of LDN, he mentioned to take the drug around 9:00pm to 10:00pm.
I hope you can adhere with his suggestion.
Good Luck
'92 diag RR - '05 SP
On LDN since Sept. 2012 with better quality of life.