Tramdol and LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
lynnbee

Tramdol and LDN

Post by lynnbee »

Anybody have any experience taking Tramadol at the same time as taking LDN? Thanks.
watergypsy
Family Member

Post by watergypsy »

Sorry for taking so long to reply – been off the boards for a while.

I have taken Zamodol, the slow release version, on just a couple of occasions at night when pain in my hip (sciatica?) has been really bad.

For some reason I then wake up with a horrid numb but achy feeling in my neck and shoulders which did not happen when I used Tram. or Zam. before I was taking ldn.

In case it’s relevant - I am taking only 1 mg ldn having gradually reduced from 4.5mg in an attempt to get rid of the awful spasticity the larger amount caused.

Hope this is of some help
havingms
Family Member

Ldn and spasticity?

Post by havingms »

How do you know that the LDN is causing your spasticity?
watergypsy
Family Member

Post by watergypsy »

Because it was not a symptom before I began taking ldn and as I reduce the dose, it does get better. Unfortunately, even though I take only 1 mg now, the stiffness has not gone completely and still confines me to the house.

What the ldn has achieved is to remove fatigue, slurred speech, cognitive problems, bladder frequency/urgency and numbness in hands and fingers. I am grateful for that but would love to be able to walk again, even if with a stick.

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”