LDN newbie

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
simon

LDN newbie

Post by simon »

Hi Managed to get a prescription from my Doctor for LDN and will hopefully start sometime next week. Iam starting on 3mg liquid format.

Thought this was going to be mission impossible to obtain but fingers crossed no problems so far.
First I asked my Neuro about LDN and he stated that there is no evidence or findings of its treatment and also mentioned that it is only available in 50mg tablets, but had no objections for me to try it.
I then found a pharmacy in Glasgow called Dickenson's who supply LDN.
The Next mission was to convince my GP for a prescription, that wasn't as easy but with a little bit of research to back me up and a bit of assertiveness (not sure if thats a real word..sounds good tho) he obliged.

I feel a little scared of trying this drug but at the same time excited. I will post all my findings.

Simon
simon

minor setback

Post by simon »

Had a minor set back yesterday, the pharmacy in Scotland could not supply me my prescription as it was incorrectly worded in the prescription ?

They have requested it state 1ml x 1mg liquid, 3mg daily. Sounds simple enough but my Doctor will not comply saying that this is illegal in England and is classed as methadone syrup ???

Can anybody help resolve this ???
simon

Good news today

Post by simon »

Phoned the pharmacy in Glasgow and explained that my GP will not amend the prescription. They phoned my GP and all is sorted, so hopefully I will now receive the LDN in 3mg capsule format now soon.

Back to feeling a little scared of trying this drug but at the same time excited, just hoping that this is good for me.

Simon
ShootingStar
Family Member

Post by ShootingStar »

How are you doing with the LDN, Simon?
~Kim in NV

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”