New to LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Sharon
Family Elder

New to LDN

Post by Sharon »

Thought I would let you all know that I decided to go on LDN. I started last week at the 1.5 mg dosage. Thanks to the LDN website and the links to Crystal's website, I was able to find a prescribing doctor, who coincidentally spoke at the 2007 LDN conference - Dr. Terry Grossman. Dr. Grossman has me on the 1.5 mg dosage for 30 days, and then I will go to the 3.0 mg dosage for the next 30 days. I will go for a follow-up at the end of the 60-day period.

I decided to try the LDN because I felt like I was slowly (very slowly) losing strength in my left side. I have SPMS so there really are very few medications which are proven and/or empirically shown to slow the progression or alleviate symptoms. As I have mentioned in the "Device" Forum, I have a WalkAide which was one of the best decisions I've made. That being said, it was important to me to try and stop the progression.

The first week has been uneventful. I have noticed that I wake up about 2 am in the morning (I normally sleep soundly the entire night). So, hopefully, that will resolve itself as my body gets use to the endorphin increase. I also have noticed a few days with better balance, which encouraged me to walk a little farther. I play 9-holes of golf tomorrow - maybe the LDN will be my "secret" to a better game (I can hope, can't I?)

It was great to have the LDN Forum on ThisisMS to help me as I researched the medication. Lots of medical and personal information within those posts. Thanks to all of you!

I will keep you updated as to any changes in my MS symptoms.

Sharon
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Good luck Sharon, hope LDN make the miracle for you as did for many MS patients (along with a healthy life, diet, supplements, exercise etc but you may already know these), my wife takes 3mg LDN since last December and although has had more than four relapses from Mars 2007 she is in perfect condition now!
She had introductory symptoms the first 1-1.5 months that fade away so you should give it some time before criticize it!
Jim
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Thanks Jim for the encouragement.

Congratulations to your wife and her success with the LDN. As you suggested, I will continue my current supplements, diet and exercise routine as I proceed with the LDN.

Will update in a few weeks.
Sharon

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”