Doctors that Prescribe LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
LDNDOC

Post by LDNDOC »

I am a doc in Massachusetts and I prescribe LDN- I also do phone consults- my contact info is Ardis Fisch MD, Essential Health, 413-822-2096, in Lee, Ma, patients@ardisfisch.com to write.
Can't take insurance, though---
I do a complete eval- find lots of other things- mercury toxicity, vitamin deficiencies- other things that can cause or worsen MS. if you only want LDN, I will do that, but it is better to look at the whole picture.
250 for an hour initial appt. followups 25 minutes 90 dollars- every three months when stable.
jam
Family Member

LDN

Post by jam »

Thanks for that. but I have now sourced it from my doctor - who reluctantly prescribed after me giving a retainer. Maybe you could tell me - will the pain subside because he will not prescribe any other pain meds - only to say that most are codeine based. I have having to exist on diclofenac which only lasts 4 hrs tops instead of the 8 it is supposed to do. I do get the impression he will only be happy if this does not work!

Thanks

Jam
LDNDOC

Post by LDNDOC »

My patients have had good results, but I have to say each of them has had very different courses, so it is hard to say what will happen. there are herbal remedies that are anti-inflammatory and can be good additions to the anti-inflam meds the doc is prescribing. honestly I never found that most of those prescription NSAIDS are any better than plain old cheap motrin, although that can be hard on the stomach. if you are using diclofenac, I would recommend using something like glutamine or a product called GI Revive from designs for health (designsforhealth.com) that protects the intestines from the side effects of the anti-inflammatories.
acupuncture can be helpful for spasms if that is what is causing the pain, so can a lot of magnesium and other minerals.
you also want to try and figure out what the pain is from, because often it can be caused or worsened by food allergies or other problems.
jam
Family Member

LDN

Post by jam »

Thanks for the reponse. I know it is early days so I will keep going. As for the pain, you are somewhat unsure if this is MS (progressive)? I have not heard of Motrin. It is most evident when relaxing, e.g. in bed or just sitting. I have it will help the walking, as there is not much else for us pm'ers I understand and I will try to remain positive. Do you thnk adding vitamins and minerals will help?

Thanks

Jam
LDNDOC

Post by LDNDOC »

motrin is just ibuprofen- also called advil.
vitamins and minerals may help- they are especially good for spasms- using a good mineral formula (complete mineral formula- designsforhealth.com) is especially helpful for spasms and the pain from them. and all pts with MS should be on Vitamin D- at LEAST 2-5000 IU daily, and many need 10,000 but I wouldn't do that much without having your doc monitor it. (designs for health has a vitamin D supreme that is 5000 units, so you don't need a million pills to get a good dose).

good luck!
Cojack
Family Member

Post by Cojack »

Hello Doc,

what about what's becoming chronic neuro pains....mostly pins with a few acute nails...neuro offered lyrica...so far i'm just doing 10g ultra refined fish oil & 4,000 IU of D which was doing it...and 40g whey isolate....been taking 600 cal / 300 mag per night time....maybe get some mag by itself? holding off on the drug route but it's appearing inevitable.

thanks,

jack
ccsayre

Post by ccsayre »

Andy wrote::) Hi Folks, Just to let you know I started my LDN 7 nights ago and feel better already.

I used Dr Scott from Wisconsin and my meds were shipped to me here in the UK.

Please send me a personal message with any questions you may wish to ask.
Regards
Andy :)
It's been some time since you started LDN. Are you still taking LDN? How bad were you when you started? How far did it take you? Did you have any side affects? What dose did you start with? What dose did you settle on? Do you know how I can reach Dr Scott in Wisconsin? Earlier link from previous post is no longer available.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

ccsayre wrote:
Andy wrote::) Hi Folks, Just to let you know I started my LDN 7 nights ago and feel better already.

I used Dr Scott from Wisconsin and my meds were shipped to me here in the UK.

Please send me a personal message with any questions you may wish to ask.
Regards
Andy :)
It's been some time since you started LDN. Are you still taking LDN? How bad were you when you started? How far did it take you? Did you have any side affects? What dose did you start with? What dose did you settle on? Do you know how I can reach Dr Scott in Wisconsin? Earlier link from previous post is no longer available.
This link will give you Dr. Scott's address and phone number....

http://www.wellness.com/dir/2485291/gen ... k-scott-md
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Just for general info, I got really tired of trying to convince my Docs to prescribe LDN for me so I ordered it from Allday Chemists (no prescription necessary) on line in the 50 mg form, bought a $3 50ml bottle and a pediatric ML syringe, mix with distilled water and good to go. It tastes terrible in liquid form but saves tons of problems and there is no filler issue. I haven't done the exact math but I think it's working out to about $10 a month at 4.5 mg's a day.
Lars
PS Does anyone know what effect limited alcohol has when taking LDN? I haven't gone there but wouldn't mind a beer every once in a while.
ccsayre

Post by ccsayre »

DJK wrote:I just called Dr Steven Myers does not prescribe LDN. Anybody have a contact for Chicago who does?
Perhaps you no longer need a doctor in Chicago, but just in case:

David Edelberg MD
2522 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago IL 60614
PH (773) 296-6700
FX (773) 296-1131

My friend's nephew is a 5th year Resident at UIC and said, "I've heard of Edelberg before. Heard good things about him, too. Low dose naltrexone for MS is something I'm not too familar with. I've seen some patients on it for rheumatoid arthritis though."

My appointment is tomorrow, March12, 09. The office staff was very friendly and accomodating. They will also be doing general blood work which needed to be done anyway. They feel the drug is very safe without side affects and offers benefits. Their office is in the Lincoln Park area, off Fullerton which is off Lakeshore Drive.

His Bio: http://www.wholehealthchicago.com/davidedelberg.htm

I was thrilled when I saw he was in Integrative Medicine which combines the best of traditional and alternative therapies.!

Hope this helps someone in Chicago!

CC
lmacalus
Family Member

Post by lmacalus »

anyone in sunny so cal prescribing. My neuro flat out said NO.
JoyceF
Family Elder

"LDN friendly docs"

Post by JoyceF »

Hi Imacalus....e-mail me at wkendz32@hotmail.com. I have quite a few "LDN friendly" docs on my list. Perhaps one will be near you. I don't have one for every state in the US but the list is pretty extensive. We all have a right to this stuff after all. I've been on it daily for the past 7+ years now.
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

Dr. Kira
Poulsbo, WA
AngelinDisguiseLDN

Re: Doctors that Prescribe LDN

Post by AngelinDisguiseLDN »

Arron wrote:The most common problem people interested with this treatment have is finding someone who will give them a prescription for it.

So with this thread, let's start a list of doctors (GPs or Neuro's or whatever) that have prescribed LDN.

If you're already on LDN, please help out those that want to try it

Just copy and paste the following into each of your posts:

Doctor Name:
Doctor Location:
Doctor Contact Info: (of course, do not post home numbers)

Thanks for helping make the lives of fellow MS'ers better.

PLEASE Take Dr Sullivan's Dr Information OFF this website or Anywhere in public -

Hi this is Crystal from Crystal's MS,TM and LDN Website -

Do you know anyone besides SammyJo that has Dr Sullivan's Dr info listed in Public on websites? If so I need to get a hold of them to take him off.

Dr Sullivan called me personally this morning and thought I had his Dr information on my website and I told him no I don't list Dr's on my website publicly just Pharmacies but I guess some made a complaint and he's being investigated so I need to find out everyone besides SammyJo that has his information listed publicly and have them take it down. We can't afford to lose him too..

If you have him on your website publicly let me know and take him off. Thanks...

Hugs & Blessings,
Crystal
AngelinDisguiseLDN

Re: Phone consult

Post by AngelinDisguiseLDN »

Hi this is Crystal from Crystal's MS,TM and LDN Website -

Do you know anyone besides SammyJo that has Dr Sullivan's Dr info listed in Public on websites? If so I need to get a hold of them to take him off.

Dr Sullivan called me personally and thought I had his Dr information on my website and I told him no I don't list Dr's on my website publicly just Pharmacies but I guess some made a complaint and he's being investigated so I need to find out everyone besides SammyJo that has his information listed publicly and have them take it down. We can't afford to lose him too..

If you have him on your website publicly let me know and take him off. Thanks...

Hugs & Blessings,
Crystal

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”