Doctors that Prescribe LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
KeepFaith

Doctors that prescribe

Post by KeepFaith »

Hi, I have been on LDN for almost a year now. I just seen my Neurologist today and she said I have no active lesions. She would not prescribe my medication so I had my family physician put me on it. He is a great doctor and takes his time with people. I have had no side effects except for a time when I was off of it for a few weeks because my mail order insurance company screwed up on getting me my meds. I don't even feel like I have MS. Before I started on this drug I had pain and numbness all the time. Now I have none. I am 34 and refuse to take the injectables that have such bad side effects. Anyone with MS should try this drug!!!

My prescribing doctor:

Dr. James Johnson
4160 S Broadway
Grove City, OH 43123
614-875-0079
Last edited by KeepFaith on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dannape
Getting to Know You...

Post by dannape »

Hi keep the faith.

Why do you supposed your neurologist wouldn't prescribe it, but your family physician would?

My best friend can't get it from her family dr. we have made an appt with a new neurologist on tues, and i am just praying he listens with an open mind regarding the ldn. i have a whole notebook on it, so i can respond with any conflicts he might have in prescribing it

How have you done with it? do you notice any improvements?

i pm'd you last week, but wasn't sure if i did it right, or if you ever got it, if you need to email me, my address is dannape2@msn.com. thanks for any info you can give
Xenova
Family Member

Post by Xenova »

Don't bother calling Dr. Patrick Scott in Wisconsin. He is no longer doing phone consults.
nana

ldn in the uk

Post by nana »

Hi everyone, this is my first post on any forum. I started ldn 3 weeks ago, balance and walking improved the very next day, and I feel better and stronger most of the day. Bladder control is greatly improved during the night. My legs felt a bit stiffer the first few days, but that has passed.
I had nearly given up on getting a prescription, no from gp and neuro, dr lawrence in wales stopped taking new patients, dr scott - ny - stopped phone consutations and I was reluctant to pay the huge fee for a conslt with dr bihari.
Then I came across Linda Elsigood on the net with a phone number 01603 279508 and e-mail address http://groups.msn.com/MSFriends, she has contact with several doctors in the uk willing to prescribe ldn.
So if you need help to get a prescription here in the uk, give her a try,
All the best, Nana
flora68
Family Elder

nana

Post by flora68 »

Welcome, nana! :) I'm especially glad to hear how well you're doing on LDN, both for your sake, and for mine, because I just started LDN too, on February the 10th. And I'm doing fine too.

Best wishes from Texas on a very pleasant evening. And good luck to both of us!
elaine
Family Member

Post by elaine »

Hello
don't know if anyone can help me I live in Melbourne Australia and would love to know if any Aussies out there know of where I can get LDN have asked my nuro with no luck.
I was on Betaferon but have developed antibodies I have been off it for 7 months and still have the antibodies
So to all you Aussies out there please help
thanks in advance
Elaine
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

Canada checking in do we have anyone here near Toronto that will prescribe for MS as my hubby has been newly diagnosed. :?: I must admit we have not asked our family Doctor as it has taken us 8 years for him to admit hubby might have it. It actually took a few visits over 8 years to even get the neurologist to take notice and I'm really not comfortable asking him. We have our first appointment with Dr. O'Connor at St. Michaels in June not sure on him yet.
kiara
Getting to Know You...

ldn availability in Canada

Post by kiara »

I'm considering trying ldn. I haven't asked my GP yet, I'm hoping she'll be agreeable. I live in B.C. and am wondering if anyone knows of any compounding pharmacies here. Thanks for any info. Heather
lady_express_44
Getting to Know You...

Post by lady_express_44 »

Hi Kiara,

Apparently "Kripp's Pharmacy" in Vancouver has a reputation for compounding LDN. You can find their website if you do a google search for the name.

I get mine in liquid form from a local pharmacy, but haven't decided if it is the best route yet.

Cherie
<div><span class="postbody">''In the last analysis, we see only what we are ready to see, what we have been taught to see. We eliminate and ignore everything that is not a part of our prejudices.''&nbsp; </span><span cla
gto_lady04
Getting to Know You...

Post by gto_lady04 »

This doc has an MS Clinic and would prefer his patience to use LDN along with Copaxone, but it is not required. He just prefers it!

Doctor Name: Dr. David Gelber
Doctor Location: Springfield, IL USA
Doctor Contact Info: MS Clinic @ Koke Mill Medical Center
3132 Old Jacksonville RD, Suite 140
Springfield, IL 62704

corrected #is: 217-528-7541
Last edited by gto_lady04 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
remnants
Family Member

Post by remnants »

Hi gto_lady04,

Thank you for posting this information! Do you know if this particular doctor or clinic has treated any patients with an antibiotic protocol for MS - OR is the Copaxone LDN the standard protocol for all the patients?

Thanks again and welcome to the site!

Cindy
Every morning I awaken torn between the desire to save the world and the inclination to savor it.
- E.B. White
remnants
Family Member

Post by remnants »

The phone number posted above for Dr. David Gelber is incorrect. Information gives the following number: 217-528-7541

-Cindy
Every morning I awaken torn between the desire to save the world and the inclination to savor it.
- E.B. White
gto_lady04
Getting to Know You...

Post by gto_lady04 »

remnants wrote:Hi gto_lady04,

Thank you for posting this information! Do you know if this particular doctor or clinic has treated any patients with an antibiotic protocol for MS - OR is the Copaxone LDN the standard protocol for all the patients?

Thanks again and welcome to the site!

Cindy
Hi Cindy,
Sorry did not know the phone number had changed, I call there so little.
I don't know if he uses the antibiotic protocol for MS. He is open minded though or at least he has been with me. He is the only doctor for the MS clinic. And he believes in the CRAB's I am only the 4th patient he has given a script to for LDN, he did not offer it I asked for it.
And after thinking about what I said about being open minded I guess what I mean is that he listens to his patients and understands that his MS patients know far more about what we need than he does- he offers a guiding hand.
When he gave the rx for LDN I had to also promise to do an MRI in 6mo to 1 year if he had any doubts about my health and whether or not the LDN was actually stopping the progression of MS, so I willingly agreed to that and to add copaxone if he felt it was necessary after the MRI.
Monica
remnants
Family Member

Post by remnants »

Hi Monica,

Well, that's open minded in my book! Any doctor willing to listen to his patients and work with them in the healing process qualifies as open minded.

I wish you nothing but success with your future MRI - please keep us updated. I have not had an MRI since I started LDN more than a year ago.

Take Care!

Cindy
- E.B. White
burntsienna
Family Member

Re: dr sullivan

Post by burntsienna »

just mark wrote: Started the LDN on 6.4.4 -- don't believe it's hurting anything to take it, but I can't swear it's helping that much either. I think I'm feeling a little more energy in the am, but only seems to last a few hours.
i'd give anything for just a few hours! :(

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”