Tysabri stay on or go off?

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
tiffywebb

Tysabri stay on or go off?

Post by tiffywebb »

I just recently got liberated and I have been on Tysabri for 27 infusions. My ms was very aggressive from the onstart and Tysabri is the only drug that stopped it!! Now that I have been liberated I need to come off of Ty due to PML and my neuro told me that I would have to, but he doesnt know that I have been liberated. Any suggestions?
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

tiffywebb,

Congratulation on your liberation!

I understand you dilemma but you need to tell your neuro. If you are on blood thinners they will have to know and you have to stop the Tysabri anyway. Hopefully he/she will be supportive and work with you.

If you have a problem then you may have to find another neuro but in the meantime I truly hope you are feeling the benefits of the liberation treatment and wish you all the best.

Keep us posted.

Drury
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Drury wrote:tiffywebb,

Congratulation on your liberation!

I understand you dilemma but you need to tell your neuro. If you are on blood thinners they will have to know and you have to stop the Tysabri anyway. Hopefully he/she will be supportive and work with you.

If you have a problem then you may have to find another neuro but in the meantime I truly hope you are feeling the benefits of the liberation treatment and wish you all the best.

Keep us posted.

Drury
I agree with Drury...you have to tell your neuro about this. If he is an opened minded doc he'll understand. He may not be happy that you have done this without telling him and you have to be prepared that he may not want to treat you further. Please let us know how this turns out.

Harry