Tysabri Treatment-Good or Bad?

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Tysabri Treatment-Good or Bad?

Post by lyndacarol »

ilovemymom07 wrote:My mother and I were doing some research of our own about Tysabri, and came across your post. I haven't read all the replies, but after reading your post, my mother requested me to inform you that you may want to try Tecfidera. She was too on Copaxone. When she had a relapse, they then recommended Tysabri. Tecfidera, actually helped for a nice amount of time. But also, every patient is very unique. So I hope you have found other meds that work for her. My mom and I are very worried about the impact the meds may have on her brain as well. Currently she has moments where her body really shuts down to the point she can't swallow and her bladder is loose. Her eye's are going bad as well. One of her eyes can't fully see in certain directions. I will keep you posted as you keep us posted. Thanks for topic. @};-
Welcome to ThisIsMS, ilovemymom07. We are glad you found us.

I look forward to your contributions to our discussions.

By the way, I am currently interested in vitamin D, since it seems very common for people with MS to have low vitamin D levels. In January, I had the "25-hydroxy D" blood test and was found to be deficient (24 ng/mL). I wonder if your mother has had the vitamin D test. It is possible that all of her symptoms do not have the same cause (MS).