Thoughts...

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
echo17

Thoughts...

Post by echo17 »

I was diagnosed when I was 17 (I'm 26 at the moment). Since then I have been on Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron, and Tecfidera. 4 years ago I had an MRI. I had 6 or 7 lesions. 2 years after that I had another MRI. At the time though I decided to self medicate and try and run from my health issues so I never went and got the results. 6 months ago I got the results...this time its 70+ lesions (not all active). Because of Avonex, Rebif, and Betaseron not cooperating he tested me for JC Virus and it came up positive so he started me on Tecfidera instead. The first 6 months of Tecfidera are up now I had an MRI and I have more active lesions then I did 6 months ago (I think he said 7). He is going to put me on Tysabri for a year then back on to other medications. He said there haven't been or its extremely rare to get PML under a year of treatment. Physically if you looked at me people can't tell I have MS. My main symptoms are eye sight issues, pain in my eyes, balance, and I'm starting to have cognitive issues. I have been scared of this drug as long as I can remember so part of me wants to say no to it even though its my last resort.

What are your thoughts? Am I just being a paranoid little baby?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Thoughts...

Post by ElliotB »

Can you share with us what you have been doing for yourself as far as diet, exercise and supplements?
echo17

Re: Thoughts...

Post by echo17 »

ElliotB wrote:Can you share with us what you have been doing for yourself as far as diet, exercise and supplements?
I don't do anything special diet wise. I don't have the best diet ever. I drink Coca-Cola like its water. I quit smoking 49 days ago. I go rock climbing for exercise but that isn't a steady thing. I don't seem to have the time with work and having a 9 month old I stay pretty busy. I take 5000 IU Vitamin D supplement daily.

That's a lot of I's...