Biogen Idec

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
raven
Family Elder

Post by raven »

Being a born sceptic I tend to look at the financial aspects of situations like this.

As Antegren was originally developed by Elan, if it is indicated as a monotherapy Elan will receive the bulk of the profits from the treatment. If Biogen Idec can show benefit of a combination therapy with Avonex then the life and profit potential of Avonex is extended rather than being replaced by Antegren.

Just my opinion.

Robin
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

Yea, I agree Robin. I look at the whole big picture from several angles. And the fact that some of their financial marketing "strategies" have indicated something of a pattern up until now (and not a particularly positive one, in MY sole opinion)............well, I'm not pointing an accusatory finger, but it just about HAS to make a person exercise some caution at the very least.......ya know?

Besides, what's wrong with exercising caution? We're talking about people's LIVES here after all!!

One of the easiest and fastest ways to build up what I call marketing "mass anticipation" is to withhold information on something to the public. Not only does it drive up stock prices, it's like a Christmas present - the more you keep something under wraps and just "tease" someone with it, human nature is that then you can't WAIT to go get it and open it the MINUTE you can! It can still be something "good", BUT..........Well, people can see what I mean, I think.

Good ole "business psychology 101".

Deb

(The edit was only to correct typos...not substance.)
Last edited by OddDuck on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raven
Family Elder

Post by raven »

Did someone say Aimspro? :wink:

Robin
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deb
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD MIGRATES INTO ANOTHER THREAD ENTITLED "VLA-4 ANTAGONISTS", WHICH WAS SEPARATED CHRONOLOGICALLY. PLEASE ALSO SEE THAT THREAD. IT MAY BE OF INTEREST.

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... opic&t=564

THANKS.

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”