Campath and malignancy

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
bee26

Campath and malignancy

Post by bee26 »

I think that we all know the risks of an autoimmune disease if you take the campath option, but does anyone know if there is a risk of cancer? I think that in the phase 2 trial they had 3 cases of cancer in the campth group (breast, cervical and lymphoma) v. one in the control group (colon) which they felt was statistically irrelevant, although they felt that the lymphoma might be related to the campath, and then someone in the European Journal fo Neurology in 2009 talked about an increased risk of melanoma. Does anyone know anything about this?
k6ristin
Family Member

Post by k6ristin »

i know that my skin is looked over at least once a year, and that they are looking specifically for skin changes/melanoma type things. I hadn't heard about cancer stats w/ campath yet. i think my study is called care-ms, and i haven't heard the results yet. i've got nothing new to report, 2 years 2 infusions. slow steady decline versus what may or may not have been a more rapid decline. best of luck

Return to “Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)”