Day 2 of LEmtrada - Round 2

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Grumpster
Family Elder

Day 2 of LEmtrada - Round 2

Post by Grumpster »

I just finished up day 2 of Lemtrada. Seems to be going ok so far except headache and lack of sleep from steroids. I got Campath during the MS Care trial in 2010 at the high dose and got ITP. Hopefully this new lower dose will not give me that but will still beat back the MS monster for a while. I sure hope so. I will follow up as things progress...

Grump -
Grumpster
Family Elder

Re: Day 2 of LEmtrada - Round 2

Post by Grumpster »

Update - the 3 day treatment went fairly well, glued to the ceiling for 3 days on Solumedrol, dizzy and queezy, as expected. Things seemed pretty good overall. When I woke Sunday morning my hives and Campath rash were in FULL bloom. It looked like my skin was about to peel off and start oozing. I doubled up on zyrtec and benadryl and that tamped it down a lot. I am now on an oral taper for the steroids (which I probably should have had as standard practice) and today I am mostly clear skinned and no itching.

I am cautiously optimistic that I will get some good benefit from this toxic brew. If it can just slow down the monster that will be a plus.

Cheers -

Return to “Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)”