MS Non-Placebo, Comparative Clinical Trial now enrolling

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
KatyMc12

MS Non-Placebo, Comparative Clinical Trial now enrolling

Post by KatyMc12 »

I am reaching out to my community contacts to spread the word about a newly enrolling research study for Multiple Sclerosis in Atlanta, Georgia (other sites are also conducting this study in other parts of the country). The study will last 96 weeks and will consist of only 11 office visits. This particular MS study may be advantageous to potential participants because it is a comparison study rather than a placebo study. This means that qualified participants will definitely receive one of two MS drugs – either the new study drug, or an existing FDA approved drug that serves as the “control” comparison.

I have outlined a partial list of the study’s inclusion/exclusion criteria below.

Inclusion criteria
• Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (cannot be primary progressive MS)
• Ages 18-55 years of age
• At least 2 documented clinical “attacks” (relapses/worsening of symptoms) within the last 2 years OR 1 clinical attack in past year.
• Documented MRI of brain with abnormalities consistent with MS prior to screening.

Exclusion Criteria
• Diagnosis of primary progressive MS
• Known presence of other neurological disorders which may mimic MS (Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia)
• Known active infection or other infections such as herpes, mono, epstein barr virus, yeast infection, flu, strep, TB, HIV, and infection other than toenail fungus.
• History of cancer (other than some minor skin cancers)

If you know of anyone who might be interested in participating in this study, please have them call our office at (404) 851-9934 to complete an initial phone screen or go to http://www.neurotrials.com/studies.aspx for more information.

Thank you!!