Genomed

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
bromley
Family Elder

Genomed

Post by bromley »

Dignan,

Hadn't heard of this one. I'm always wary of trial with one person. I love the bit that say's GenoMed conducts trials for free, and then charges $800 per patient per year once results have been published. What if the results say that the drug was crap and had no effect?

Ian

GenoMed Trial Results: Multiple Sclerosis - From Two Relapses a Year to None in 16 Months 23 February 2006

ST. LOUIS, GenoMed, a Next Generation Disease Management company whose business is public health, announced today that its first multiple sclerosis (MS) patient has had no relapses for the past 16 months since beginning GenoMed's protocol in October, 2004.
On October 31, 2005, the patient, a young white woman, wrote:

"Just wanted to share with you that I have just had my first full year with no exacerbations of multiple sclerosis. This has never happened for me since I was diagnosed eight years ago. I have always experienced at the very least two exacerbations each year; Sept/Oct and Dec/Jan without fail, until this last year.

"I have had every reason to have an exacerbation, particularly this year ... This has been an incredibly stressful summer and fall. I recently felt extremely tired, as though an exacerbation was imminent, and made sure to get extra rest but never experienced a recurrence. As you well know no one can 'will' an exacerbation to go away, and extra rest will not stave it off."

On February 6, 2006 she wrote: "I am feeling great! I haven't had an exacerbation in over 2 years, and have more energy than ever."

Said Dr. David Moskowitz, GenoMed's CEO and Chief Medical Officer, "Relapsing, remitting MS is a hard disease to know how to treat because it waxes and wanes so much anyway. This case report is encouraging because the patient had regular relapses every 6 months in the past, and none for the past 16 months. Of course, we need to see if our protocol continues to work in this patient, as well as in additional patients. But ours could be one of the more effective treatments for multiple sclerosis yet. It would clearly be one of the least toxic and expensive."

About GenoMed

GenoMed owns patents pending for the use of already existing, safe blood pressure pills to treat many diseases besides high blood pressure, including autoimmune diseases like MS. To enroll in GenoMed's trial, please contact Dr. Moskowitz at dwmoskowitz@genomed.com . GenoMed conducts trials for free, and then charges $800 per patient per year once results have been published.
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Seems too kooky to me. A trial of one isn't much of a trial. Sounds good though if they could use an ACE inhibitor (or something?) and actually make a difference.
Rita
Family Member

Post by Rita »

I saw the videos and I don’t think this man is improving so much after the treatment, his speech is quite the same than before and he is walking with a little difference from the first one, just one crutch but he walks in same way. And the doctor is so astonished with these little things as if the MS's patient is running by the park. I know is a very short time, but the Dr is so happy that makes me feel sceptic abaout that. Does anybody feel the same as me?

Rita
Damjan
Getting to Know You...

Post by Damjan »

I felt pretty much the same, watching those two videos. Almost like a bad commertial...

Return to “Drug Pipeline”