Disease modifying therapies - POLL

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Which of the following disease modifying therapies did you like BEST? (least side effects).

Avonex
33%
Betaseron
No votes
Copaxone
33%
Extavia
No votes
Glatiramer Acetate Injection
No votes
Glatopa
No votes
Plegridy
No votes
Rebif
33%
Zinbryta
No votes
Aubagio (teriflunomide)
No votes
Gilenya (fingolimod)
No votes
Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate)
No votes

Total votes: 3

carpediem

Disease modifying therapies - POLL

Post by carpediem »

Hello everyone!

I am new here. I'm trying to decide between all these different disease modifying therapies. I'm curious to see which one worked best for you all. Please take this poll. :arrow:
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: Disease modifying therapies - POLL

Post by Zyklon »

I think this poll will be rather useless because everybody is different when it comes to side effects. A people can be fine with interferons but not B. Same goes for pills.

Rebif here. I am scared with PML and interferons are almost 0 risk for it. Long time drug history is important for me. Side effects were tolerable.

It will be a trial and error for first DMD.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I use Copaxone but frankly don't know if it is helping me as I am quite proactive (I don't know if I am doing well because of the Copaxone, because of all the other things a do, because of the combination, or just because as most with MS have a mild course of the disease) and there is no solid evidence that any of them really, really work anyway.
carpediem

Post by carpediem »

Thanks you both for your input!

Zyklon - I couldn't agree more - everyone is different and therapies will affect us all differently, but just wanted to see what everyone's pref was with these DMDs.

Elliot- thanks for sharing! I've been considering Copaxone as well. Glad it seems to be working well for you. Would you mind sharing what the rest of your regime is?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Glad to...

Here is a summary of what I follow:

High good fat diet, virtually no vegetables or fruits or carbs. (Vegetables in very small quantities limited basically to what I grow myself except for cabbage which I ferment, fruits limited to blueberries, raspberries, black berries, lemons & limes (I currently use frozen berries to make water Kefir but am in the process of switching to freeze dried berries and freeze dried lemons/limes).

And yes, I consume only fatty grass fed meats, high Omega 3 chicken, turkey and duck, and ultra high Omega 3 chicken eggs)
And yes, my blood work shows I am quite healthy in every regard.

Soaps: chemical free soaps only such as Castile soaps

No chemical cleaners except for occasional Windex use– use steam to clean, no fabric softeners for laundry

Chemical free personal hygiene products.

Supplements – over 50 supplements daily, many thought to help control/reduce inflammation. I use pharmaceutical grade products whenever available or take products without fillers (not always possible). I do take high doses of vitamin D3 and biotin.

Pre-Biotics, Pro Biotics, DigestiveEnzyme Supplements. I also consume a lot of home made fermented drinks and foods.

3-5 Hours of light exercise daily. Some occasional moderate exercise.

Totally Gluten Free

Almost totally Dairy free except for the grass fed milk I use to make milk Kefir (only consume several tablespoons a day) and a very small amount of grass fed cheese.

Lectin free or reduced as much as possible.

I also do oxygen and massage therapy.

The above is not easy to follow, especially the diet and the only thing I am certain of that I have no idea what, if anything, is helping me. And there is no way of knowing. After all, the disease may have just gone into remission.

But for the moment I am doing well and do not plan to make any major changes in the future. One day at a time...