Status of DMT as of Jan. 2020
Though is not officially considered a distinct course, clinical trials and approval processes consider separately the "highly active RRMS" course. I have made the distinction under the name HA-RRMS.(link)
a) Approved (Main source: wikipedia)
- RRMS: Two interferons (beta-1a and beta-1b), Three immuno-modulators (Glatiramer acetate, Teriflunomide, Dimethyl fumarate), Two S1P modulators (Fingolimod, Siponimod) and Three monoclonal antibodies (Alemtuzumab, Natalizumab, Ocrelizumab).
- HA-RRMS: Alemtuzumab (Lemtrada, see source) and Mitoxantrone.
- SPMS: Siponimod and Cladribine (and Mitoxantrone with restrictions)
- PPMS: Ocrelizumab (and Mitoxantrone with restrictions)
b) On revision (soon to be approved).
- RRMS: The next expected medication could be ([https://www.ptcommunity.com/system/file ... 312750.pdf])
Ozanimod: 2019 - Expected in March 2020
Ofatumumab (Arzerra): Expected 2020
c) Phase III
- RRMS: Diroximel fumarate (ALKS 8700), Evobrutinib, Ofatumumab , Ponesimod, Ublituximab
- SPMS: Masitinib, MD1003 (Biotin), Opicinumab (Anti-LINGO-1, BIIB033), Riluzole, Simvastatin
- PPMS: Masitinib , MD1003 (Biotin)