BioNTech MS vaccine

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
81Charger
Family Elder

BioNTech MS vaccine

Post by 81Charger »

Just posting the link here. Has anyone else read this and what are your thoughts?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... r-comments
81Charger
Family Elder

Re: BioNTech MS vaccine

Post by 81Charger »

Weneedhope
Family Member

Post by Weneedhope »

i hope we go some were now? it's how long now that my hope we have a fix in next 10 years for m.s about money
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1 ... 67008?s=20

Excellent discussion. A person does *not* need to have a Twitter account to read the thread.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

A noninflammatory mRNA vaccine for treatment of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
Science 08 Jan 2021: Vol. 371, Issue 6525, pp. 145-153

The ability to control autoreactive T cells without inducing systemic immune suppression is the major goal for treatment of autoimmune diseases. The key challenge is the safe and efficient delivery of pharmaceutically well-defined antigens in a noninflammatory context. Here, we show that systemic delivery of nanoparticle-formulated 1 methylpseudouridine-modified messenger RNA (m1Ψ mRNA) coding for disease-related autoantigens results in antigen presentation on splenic CD11c+ antigen-presenting cells in the absence of costimulatory signals. In several mouse models of multiple sclerosis, the disease is suppressed by treatment with such m1Ψ mRNA. The treatment effect is associated with a reduction of effector T cells and the development of regulatory T cell (Treg cell) populations. Notably, these Treg cells execute strong bystander immunosuppression and thus improve disease induced by cognate and noncognate autoantigens. ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ Autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (MS), result from a breach of immunological self-tolerance and tissue damage by autoreactive T lymphocytes. Current treatments can cause systemic immune suppression and side effects such as increased risk of infections. Krienke et al. designed a messenger RNA vaccine strategy that lacks adjuvant activity and delivers MS autoantigens into lymphoid dendritic cells. This approach expands a distinct type of antigen-specific effector regulatory T cell that suppresses autoreactivity against targeted autoantigens and promotes bystander suppression of autoreactive T cells against other myelin-specific autoantigens. In mouse models of MS, the vaccine delayed the onset and reduced the severity of established disease without showing overt symptoms of general immune suppression.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

More info on BioNTech's MS vaccine...

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/ ... reloaded=1
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Sounds promising. Let's see the clinical trials.

PS: MD. Uğur Şahin was born in Turkey. Later he moved to Germany and did all his science there. So many good brains, understandably moving to developed countries. Shame on us...
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
Weneedhope
Family Member

Post by Weneedhope »

when do think we see it any data

thank you
Weneedhope
Family Member

Post by Weneedhope »

hi all ,more good news

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... -in-study/

we on track less then 10 years we have a fix for m.s
thank you
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Weneedhope
Family Member

Post by Weneedhope »

i take it will take 7 years to past to m.s testing or any reply no this ?? or it faster

thank you