Pleneva

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
scoobyjude
Family Elder

Pleneva

Post by scoobyjude »

BTG Commences Phase IIa Study Of Pleneva For Multiple Sclerosis - Quick Facts
1/21/2010 2:51 AM ET

(RTTNews) - BTG Plc (BGC.L: News ) said it commenced dosing in a European multicentre Phase IIa study of Pleneva, a novel orally administered compound under development as a potential treatment for multiple sclerosis.

According to the company, the study, in 166 patients with the relapsing-remitting form of the disease, comprises an initial 24 week double-blind, placebo-controlled dosing period followed by a 24 week open-label extension. The primary endpoint of the study is a reduction in the number of new T1 gadolinium enhanced lesions on MRI at weeks 12, 16, 20 and 24 when compared to placebo.
Dxed Jan 2006. Sx since 2002. Rebif since March 2006. "When one door closes, another opens but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." Alexander Graham Bell
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

http://www.btgplc.com/DevelopmentPipeli ... 00134.html
In a small single-centre, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical pilot study, an experimental Pleneva™ prototype provided clinical benefits to patients with RRMS, including decreases in both relapse rate and EDSS scores, with additional benefits seen on pain and cognitive endpoints.
Now I'm interested.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

The reduction in EDSS score got my attention as well!!! Nice find scoobyjude.
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Thanks for the update scooby. I've got it in the pipeline under its old, less catchy name, BGC20-0134.
Suchislife
Getting to Know You...

Post by Suchislife »

Do we know if this drug made it or not??? Is it in another phase?? I can see it has been awhile, but I am interested. I'm searching through the forum, but I can't seem to find it... Help if you can.
Thanks!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he marches to the beat of a different drummer. Let every man keep step to the music that he hears, however measured or far away." - Henry David Thoreau ~Audrey
arabia

Re: Pleneva

Post by arabia »

scoobyjude wrote:BTG Commences Phase IIa Study Of Pleneva For Multiple Sclerosis - Quick Facts
1/21/2010 2:51 AM ET

(RTTNews) - BTG Plc (BGC.L: News ) said it commenced dosing in a European multicentre Phase IIa study of Pleneva, a novel orally administered compound under development as a potential treatment for multiple sclerosis

According to the company, the study, in 166 patients with the relapsing-remitting form of the disease, comprises an initial 24 week double-blind, placebo-controlled dosing period followed by a 24 week open-label extension. The primary endpoint of the study is a reduction in the number of new T1 gadolinium enhanced lesions on MRI at weeks 12, 16, 20 and 24 when compared to placebo.
any update ? please
DougL
Family Elder

Re: Pleneva

Post by DougL »

arabia wrote:any update ? please
from the manufacturers web site

BGC20-0134 (Pleneva™) did not meet its primary or secondary endpoints in a six-month double-blind placebo-controlled Phase IIa study in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis. Data from approximately 65% of patients who have completed an optional six-month open-label study extension will be analysed to determine if any treatment effects are evident at 12 months that were not found after 6 months.

Return to “Drug Pipeline”