SHOULD WE HAVE MORE KIDS??

For questions on how to support loved ones with MS.
BEXSTER1978

SHOULD WE HAVE MORE KIDS??

Post by BEXSTER1978 »

Hi all
Im new here, hope you dont mind me asking a question.

My husband was diagnosed with ms last year...he gets tired alot, cold hands, pins and needles and it does affect his vision sometimes, but at present we do lead normal life as possible.

I am not sure if I have fully taken it all in and am very scared of what the future may hold.

My main reason for this topic though, and I hope I dont sound selfish, but I would love another baby, we have a 3 year old daughter. What are your opinions on having another baby. Hubby is a bit hesitant as he is scared of passing it on. I think mainly because his dad had ms too.

Thanks in advance for you replies
bex
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: SHOULD WE HAVE MORE KIDS??

Post by cheerleader »

BEXSTER1978 wrote:Hi all

My main reason for this topic though, and I hope I dont sound selfish, but I would love another baby, we have a 3 year old daughter. What are your opinions on having another baby. Hubby is a bit hesitant as he is scared of passing it on. I think mainly because his dad had ms too.

Thanks in advance for you replies
bex
Hey Bex...
Welcome. You're not selfish at all...I'm sorry about your husband's diagnosis, and his father's before him. I know it's a scary time. We completely understand your husband's concern about having more children. We had our one son before my husband's diagnosis. We weren't planning any more, but it would have been a tough decision if we had.

Many things to consider besides genetics...perhaps your husband's fear of not being available to help take care of your kids or participate in their lives...and these are his feelings. He may not want to let you or your family down.

Talk about it openly. Whatever decision you come to, it needs to be mutual.
My husband recently had a stent procedure at Stanford (I'm one of the instigators of the CCSVI research here) and I feel that if my son ever showed signs of early MS like optic neuritis- I'd take him to Stanford for a venous scan. Check out the rest of this site...lots of great people here.
I wish you all the best,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com

Return to “Friends and Family”