Reading At Work.

Discuss your favorite books here
bigdave
Getting to Know You...

Reading At Work.

Post by bigdave »

Hi all,i tend to read at work,well in my van as i'm a mobile service engineer when the physical fatigue kicks in which is normally after a couple of hours.I don't read over fast especially when the vision starts to go dodgy in the afternoon.
I go for the sci fi,horror,fantasy stuff which is generally an easy read.I started to read Dean Koontz but i've got a bit fed up of him.
I've just finished a couple of Clive Barker books,the first two in his new Abarat series.I didn't think i was going to like them as they're aimed at the teenage kids market but i really enjoyed them,enough so that i bought the hardbacks which are full of Clive Barkers own illustrations.They're typical Barker's fantasy world books where the hero is a fifteen year old girl but after you get your head around Barker's super strange imagination i loved them and can't wait for the next book in the series.Only thing is it's not due till next October.Ah well i've still got a few Stephen Kings left to read.
Talk later,Dave.
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

Dave

Try the Douglas Adams book it is a good raed you can pick up and put down.

How about recoeded books there are lots available now on CD?
John
I am what I am
bigdave
Getting to Know You...

Post by bigdave »

Hi John,i have tried audio books but have found you have to be listening 100% or you miss bits.I don't know but i also tend to think it's cheating a bit.I'll stick to reading till my eyes get too bad.
Talk later,Dave.
MSKarateka
Family Member

Re:

Post by MSKarateka »

bigdave wrote:Hi John,i have tried audio books but have found you have to be listening 100% or you miss bits.I don't know but i also tend to think it's cheating a bit.I'll stick to reading till my eyes get too bad.
Talk later,Dave.
Most of my reading is done by audio. Some consider it cheating, but it is the only way I can get reading in with my schedule. I can use it on my commutes.