MS and Your Pets

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
Skye

Re: MS and Your Pets

Post by Skye »

I knew I would eventually need to find a work from home job. As soon as I did, I rescued a 10 year old Poodle from the shelter. As soon as I wake up (not the other way around like spoiled dogs), she is right by my bed, paws up, head nuzzling my hand until I stop. That one act brightens my every morning. I get up, many times moaning and clumsily falling into my chair to take my Tylenol. Sometimes, I'm moaning for a good half hour. She lays obediently by my side and waits until I feel decent enough to walk her. It's a little difficult sometimes if she does number 2 too early in the day to bend down and pick it up, but all of the rest of the loving I get from her makes it so worth it -- and if it weren't for me, within two days, the shelter would have ended her life. Talk about win-win. We are a match made in Heaven! :)
Adalia

Post by Adalia »

I have two precious teacup toy poodles who bring me complete joy when I'm alone. When my husband is at work and my kids are at school, my precious Bonnie and beautiful Bella make me smile, give me someone to talk to, and sleep with me when I get tired during the day. Could not make it through without them. :x
Froggie
Family Elder

Post by Froggie »

I have a black lab/pit bull/pointer mix named Ozzie, who is a wonderful love and support. My husband and I adopted him three years ago (he was abused) about the time I was diagnosed. Daily walks with him has greatly improved my overall mobility and mental health. It's tough to feel bad when you're furry friend is smiling his beak!

Kirsty, I hope you and your boyfriend have lots of energy- Jack Russell's are very spirited!
Becca5766
Getting to Know You...

Post by Becca5766 »

I have a grey maine coon cat named Zombie and he is my world! Love him so much!

Return to “Mental & Spiritual Health”