Lenton Meditation

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
beatms
Family Member

Lenton Meditation

Post by beatms »

As a result of of sin, many of us are suffering from yeast overgrowth. Yeast is a single celled fungal organism. Addictions to sugar, sweets, diets, white flour, supplements, caffeine, alcoholic beverages, hormonal contraceptives, corticosteroids, and antibiotics, cause yeast to proliferate throughout the digestive tract. As yeast spreads, it out-competes and decreases the good bacteria necessary for digestion.This bacterial imbalance is called dysbiosis. With lack of nutrient absorption, it is no wonder why so many health issues are linked to yeast overgrowth.

"Your boasting is not a good thing. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed. Therefore, let us celebrate the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."(Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:6-8 NRSV)

Just as believers in the Old Testament purged the leaven out of their homes, we must purge the yeast (sin) from our hearts out of humbly submitting to the Holy Spirit, since we are reborn in Christ. This kind of yeast permeates our society making us spiritually blind. Yeast can also invade our physical bodies through sin. Through sinful addictions, yeast spreads or "leavens" our digestive tract causing chronic health problems. Thus, our goal is to become both spiritually and physically unleavened. The physical diet to remove yeast is quite difficult, and is only possible through a spiritual diet given to us through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

What Is The Cause Of Sin?
Our feelings of needing power and control. This can take forms that affect one's interpersonal relationships, as well as their physical health. For example, when someone feels a high need for power and control, often times they will engage in abusive relationships, belittling their friends or spouse. Furthermore, when someone feels a high need for power and control, they may engage in extreme dieting, often with severe health consequences. Moreover, one's flesh can becomes a vehicle for achieving power and control through temporary pleasurable experiences, at the expense of damaging our society.

What Is The First Step For Healing?
When we try to gain personal power and control over life, we shut off God from taking over our lives. God, wants us to be mindful that we are dust (literally, soil organisms), and that is how we should act in the presence of God. Amazingly, literally taking soil organisms in the form of a probiotic (which literally translates: for life) have incredible health benefits for dysbiosis related issues when taken very sparingly just to stimulate healing. Spiritually speaking, considering ourselves as soil humbles ourselves in the presence of the Lord. Incredibly, the word humble takes its root from humus, which is soil. Seeking God out of this humility beckons the Holy Spirit to dictate our lives. Only then, can we put our lives in God's hands to control. Often, this process is called letting go, and letting God.

How Can We Let Go And Let God?
Again the Bible is a great resource, as Paul states: "Your boasting is not a good thing."Boasting is one example of behavior that feeds feelings for power and control. In contrast, to address sin and improve our health, we need humility. Instead of boasting about ourselves, we need to boast about our awesome God. Besides, humility, submission is essential for healing. Submission means that God rules our thoughts and behavior making us pure or "unleavened." Humility and submission are the complete counterpart to power and control. For those interested in learning how to combine humility and submission for entrance onto the narrow road of true healing, God tells us exactly, how to achieve it in: Second Chronicles 7:14-15.

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place."

The Bible not only gives us a diet plan based on grass fed meat, whole grains, no sugar, and raw milk, that kept people alive for hundreds of years, but helps us deal with the root of our health problems, our spiritual diet. Humility and submission is the hardest type of diet to stick to.
Jesus prepares us in Matthew 7:13-14:

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are a few that find it."

What do you need to let go of this Lenten season?

Peace be with you.

Love, Dave
Last edited by beatms on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
syckbastid
Family Member

Post by syckbastid »

I just spoke to God... he finds you annoying too.

Please stop with these posts, it just stirs up the equally annoying anti-biotics crowd that believes a vocal minority constitutes an unquestioned majority.
JFH
Family Elder

Re: Lenton Meditation

Post by JFH »

beatms wrote:As a result of of sin ...
Hey Dave when you organise your open label trial, as no doubt you will do in the near future, can you put me down for gluttony! :) And maybe if you're short of volunteers lust 8)

As our resident theologician you could help me out with a few biblical conumdrums?

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I say it's just a hamburger on the BBQ or should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to the Irish, but not Scots or Welshman. Can you clarify? Why can't I own a Welshman?

I have a neighbour who insists on working on Sunday (Sabbath). Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine tells me that eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10. Is this a yeast thing or what?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. Does this include ON? Is there some wiggle room here?

I have just found out that my wife violates Lev. 19:19 by wearing a garment made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/silk blend). Should I arrange for her to be burnt to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal, infinate (?) and unchanging. :wink: 8) :D
John
I am what I am
beatms
Family Member

Thank God For The Grace Of Our Lord, Jesus Christ

Post by beatms »

God allowed for such "things" in the Old Testament because we were so hard hearted (permitted divorce, too). As someone familiar with John, why don't you recal, what is written by John: God loved us so much, that he sent His only Son to die for our sin, so that we may live through Him. We truly live today, not as slaves to mortal desires, flesh, sin, and death, but slaves to the same grace that brings us life, Jesus Christ. God took care of us then, and He takes care of us now. Whom are you a slave to?

Peace, Dave
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Dave, we're a very open minded site, but you've pushed it too far when you say:
As a result of of sin, many of us are suffering from yeast overgrowth.
Listen, I'm not going to argue the merits of what you're espousing-- this is not the forum for that. In the end, we are all fighting the same battle against MS. However, I am going to say that This is MS is not the appropriate place to link religion to disease.

I'm locking this thread and I'm going to ask you to refrain from posting this type of thing again. I know you understand where I'm coming from, and I appreciate it.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.