Meditation/Prayer

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
chriscoxrox
Getting to Know You...

Meditation/Prayer

Post by chriscoxrox »

I have found that I feel much better and at ease when I take the time to catch my breath and just stop for a minute. I believe some people use this time and call it by different names. Prayer,meditation etc....
all the great religions, at their core, espouse essentially the same truth, clothed merely in different modes of expression. This is just MY belief.
Slow down and breath. let some of your bad feelings and stress go.
Prayer/Meditation. Taking the time to collect yourself will help.
Don't give up. We must all keep moving
CC :D
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Right on, Chris.
My husband uses prayer and meditation as a means of dealing with neuropathic pain. He also practices visualization, and believes that this has been a large part of his stability. Simple, conscious breathing can connect us to our bodies and spirits in profound ways. Being in nature, at the ocean, in the mountains, under a tree, also provides a centering place.
keep moving and shalom,
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
peror

Re: Meditation/Prayer

Post by peror »

when we experience stress, our bodies automatically react in ways that prepare us to fight or run. In some cases of extreme danger, this physical response is helpful. However, a prolonged state of such agitation can cause physical damage to every part of the body. Meditation affects the body in exactly the opposite ways that stress does, restoring the body to a calm state, helping the body to repair itself, and preventing new damage due to the physical effects of stress.
Countless people and cultures have practiced meditation over the centuries. Meditation effects are numerous and benefit all who practice it. From improving your health to improving your mind, meditation effects cover a wide spectrum. It has widely been known the effect that meditation has on the mind and science now gives even more credibility to this argument.

Meditation offers many special effects on the body like a reduced level of stress. This factor alone is well worth practicing meditation. Stress opens the door to many illnesses and diseases. Stress also decreases the ability to concentrate and remember things. Therefore your memory will be better if you meditate. You will experience higher levels of creative thought and tap into your intuition.

With a little contemplation and consideration it doesn’t take much to see the benefits. Meditation effects are in everyone’s best interest. Being able to develop balance in your life is priceless. Meditation can help do exactly that. Controlling your thoughts in the midst of any situation is critical to success in life. No matter how stressful or fast-paced the world is you can learn to choose your thoughts. Once you learn this critical skill, you will be in control. There are even examples from science that support these claims. One such example comes from monitoring a prominent Yogi master that practiced meditation. He could, at will, control nearly everything in his body. He had increased levels of red blood cells and could even stop his heart from beating for extended periods of time. One who has control over his body and mind will be much healthier than one who does not.
AliceH

Re: Meditation/Prayer

Post by AliceH »

Meditation can be helpful to many condition. I would like to think this is the time for our bodies and mind to rest and find the connection back to our bodies.