Missing post!?

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
willowford
Family Elder

Post by willowford »

Lyon wrote:
jimmylegs wrote:just so you are aware too: as volunteers, the mods do not review everything posted; offensive content is generally flagged to us by PM unless we happen to spot it by chance.
With that in mind things make a little more sense. During the tail end of that thread HappyPoet mentioned to Willowford that both my posts and her posts would soon be deleted and as it turns out she was right.

Soon after she PM'd me with what I thought was a serious question on her part
To: Lyon
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:36 pm
Subject: An important question!
What happened to willow's thread??? :D
and not knowing that she was responsible and gloating I responded that it seems the thread was deleted, which prompted her response
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 pm
Subject: I did NOT read your PM - check your Outbox
:D
Well, at least HappyPoet got a good laugh out of it.

Looking back it's starting to seem that HappyPoet is quite often part of the "in" crowd, knowing things before the rest of us.....
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:01 am
Subject: Malden has been...
BANNED.
All traces of him are GONE.
Thought you might want to know.
So wait, let me get this straight. If a poster doesn't want to hear your reasoning, instead of just not reading, they can simply PM the admin and have the entire post deleted to make sure no one else can read or think about the ideas?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Missing Post

Post by NHE »

willowford wrote:So wait, let me get this straight. If a poster doesn't want to hear your reasoning, instead of just not reading, they can simply PM the admin and have the entire post deleted to make sure no one else can read or think about the ideas?
Just to clarify any confusion, it takes 5 complaints from established members, then a warning will be issued. If the behavior that elicited the complaints does not change, then it is at the descretion of the moderators and admin to close the account. Note that it is also at the discretion of the moderators and admin to distinguish valid complaints from others.

NHE
Last edited by NHE on Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willowford
Family Elder

Post by willowford »

NHE wrote:
willowford wrote:So wait, let me get this straight. If a poster doesn't want to hear your reasoning, instead of just not reading, they can simply PM the admin and have the entire post deleted to make sure no one else can read or think about the ideas?
Just to clarify any confusion, it takes 5 complaints from established members, then a warning will be issued. If the behavior that elicited the complaints does not change, then it is at the descretion of the moderators and admin to close the account. Note that it is also at the discretion of the moderators and admin to distinguish valid complaints from others.

NHE
Thanks NHE. That helps. But where was the warning for the post in question? I never received one. And how can I find out what the issue was?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Lyon wrote:Well, at least HappyPoet got a good laugh out of it.

Looking back it's starting to seem that HappyPoet is quite often part of the "in" crowd, knowing things before the rest of us.....
BANNED.
This is ludicrous. People are in different time zones and are online at different times. It is likely that she just happened to notice before you did.

NHE
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

I'm not sure what is ludicrous about sharing my amazement that I ONLY hear from her via PM when someone has been banned or a thread has been deleted, which seemed that much more amazing this time when she predicted it ahead of time. I didn't make any claims, only observations.

NHE wrote:
Lyon wrote:Well, at least HappyPoet got a good laugh out of it.

BANNED.
This is ludicrous. People are in different time zones and are online at different times. It is likely that she just happened to notice before you did.

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Lyon wrote:
NHE wrote:This is ludicrous. People are in different time zones and are online at different times. It is likely that she just happened to notice before you did.
I'm not sure what is ludicrous about sharing my amazement that I ONLY hear from her via PM when someone has been banned or a thread has been deleted, which seemed that much more amazing this time when she predicted it ahead of time.
This is pure conjecture. There's absolutely no way you could possibly know the exact date Malden's account was closed by the admins. I can assure you that it was prior to the date & time stamp in HappyPoet's PM.
I didn't make any claims, only observations.
Sure you did. How else could one interpret the statement below?
You made a claim. It's incorrect. Well, partly incorrect. She knew before you did, but that's not of much consequence. She must have made her own observations.

Still, your claim...
...she predicted it ahead of time.
... is incorrect.

NHE
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

NHE wrote:
... is incorrect.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. IN the thread which would soon be deleted she told willowford that her and my posts would soon be deleted and as it turned out the entire thread ended up being deleted. It's mechanically impossible for me to be incorrect on that.

All of this is moot anyway, all I've made is observations. If you want to consider them claims, that is among the things in this world that I have no control over.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Lyon wrote:
NHE wrote:
... is incorrect.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. IN the thread which would soon be deleted she told willowford that her and my posts would soon be deleted and as it turned out the entire thread ended up being deleted. It's mechanically impossible for me to be incorrect on that.

All of this is moot anyway, all I've made is observations. If you want to consider them claims, that is among the things in this world that I have no control over.
Cute. Your claim was that HappyPoet knew of Malden's account closure before it happened. Now you've changed the subject.

Return to “Site Support”