Why certain threads are locked here????

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
griff
Family Member

Why certain threads are locked here????

Post by griff »

I just read scorpions' thread and I just had to realize that it is locked. Why is it that all the threads that aim to have a proper discussion on CCSVI are quickly locked???? Why are only those threads locked which raise some question about the efficacy or risk profile of CCSVI operations???? Who has a vested interest in doing so????

This just makes CCSVI operations more and more dubious to me.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

if the discussion violates TIMS rules, it's uncommon but users who make personal attacks including sarcastic remarks aimed at a poster rather than the content, can be outright banned without notice.

locking a thread when it degenerates into members sniping at each other is a soft alternative. also, the rules state that ongoing stale debates turn off readers. the rules basically require TIMS members to agree to disagree. this requirement is stolidly ignored by certain of the TIMS membershp, particularly in the CCSVI forum.

i agree it would be preferable if the pros and cons could be reasonably considered and discussed here.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
rainer
Family Elder

Post by rainer »

I don't envy your task but you should be wary of stifling what little dissent appears in that forum. I don't know if you can do temporary thread locks so people can cool their heads, but that might be preferable.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

there's nothing stopping me from unlocking threads, except a certainty developed over two years of moderating the CCSVI forum, that the vocal minority will race for the bottom again. i'm trying to figure out how to keep the negative info in the picture for rebuttal, without venom. perhaps a sticky...
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Site Support”