Losing posts because of log-in

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
Apuman
Family Elder

Losing posts because of log-in

Post by Apuman »

Sorry if I'm a bit frustrated, but I just put a lot of time into writing a post and I lost the whole thing when I hit the post button, and was sent to the log-in page. When I hit 'return to the previous page' it showed me the blank writing field, and nothing had been posted. One of two things would be great for avoiding this in the future: Either make the post carry through after log-in, or better yet, don't allow users to type their posts if the're not logged in. Thank you.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Losing posts because of log-in

Post by Arron »

I dont like that one bit. So were you not logged in to start, or did you get logged out while you were typing?
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Apuman
Family Elder

Post by Apuman »

OK, I just had to log in before being able to post, so the second does appear to be in effect. It appears that I was somehow logged out while I was typing my post yesterday.
Apuman
Family Elder

Post by Apuman »

And yes, now that I think about it, I was definetly logged in when I stared typing yesterday, because I had made another post previously. The whole ordeal just had me second guessing myself.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Apuman,
I found this in the FAQ. It might be helpful for you.
The FAQ wrote:Why do I get logged off automatically?
If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means the board administrator has disabled this feature.
NHE

Return to “Site Support”