PM - is it working

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

PM - is it working

Post by mrbarlow »

I keep trying to respond to a private message I got the other day and it just reamins in the Outbox.

Is there a problem with the PM system?
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: PM - is it working

Post by euphoniaa »

mrbarlow wrote:I keep trying to respond to a private message I got the other day and it just reamins in the Outbox.

I've sent/received several since the forum upgrade and it seems to work. I do know that PMs remain in the Outbox until they're read. In the old forum, someone PM'd me a question which I answered right away, then my reply stayed in my Outbox for months while other PMs were coming and going just fine. I finally deleted the one in my Outbox as no longer relevant. At the same time, the poster was posting regularly. I figured that some just don't notice their New Message messages.

Wonder if there are any other reports like yours/ours, though? It may be a long-standing issue, although the benefits of forums like this make me hesitant to bitch about the imperfections. :-D

Edited to add - Of course, I DO bitch, but I hesitate first. :smile:
Last edited by euphoniaa on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

mrbarlow wrote:I keep trying to respond to a private message I got the other day and it just reamins in the Outbox.

Please see these posts in the Forums FAQ thread.

Q: Why do private messages seem to get stuck in the outbox for so long?

Q: How do I know when someone has sent me a private message?

NHE
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

euphoniaa wrote:

I've sent/received several since the forum upgrade and it seems to work. I do know that PMs remain in the Outbox until they're read. In the old forum, someone PM'd me a question which I answered right away, then my reply stayed in my Outbox for months while other PMs were coming and going just fine. I finally deleted the one in my Outbox as no longer relevant. At the same time, the poster was posting regularly. I figured that some just don't notice their New Message messages.

Wonder if there are any other reports like yours/ours, though? It may be a long-standing issue, although the benefits of forums like this make me hesitant to bitch about the imperfections. :-D

Edited to add - Of course, I DO bitch, but I hesitate first. :smile:

That will explain it then.

THanks 8)

Return to “Site Support”