PM link at top of page is missing

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

PM link at top of page is missing

Post by HappyPoet »

Arron and moderators,

Every now and again, like this evening, I cannot access my PMs because the link is missing. I'm wondering if this problem has happened to others or if I am the only one to report this problem?

Thx.

Edit to fix typo.
Last edited by HappyPoet on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: PM link at top of page is missing

Post by NHE »

HappyPoet wrote:Every now and again, like this evening, I cannot access my PMs because the link is missing. I'm wondering if this problem has happened to others or if I am the only one to report this problem?
It's currently working for me, but I will try to keep a watch out for any anomalies over the next few days. By the way, if you use the link for the "user control panel," then you should be able to access your PMs from there.

NHE
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi NHE,

The link is missing again... was there earlier today, but now it's not. Thanks for letting me know about the 'user control panel.'
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

HappyPoet wrote:The link is missing again... was there earlier today, but now it's not. Thanks for letting me know about the 'user control panel.'
What web browser (and version number) are you using?

NHE
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Firefox version 3.6.25
I'll check Mozilla for a more recent version to d/l... I've been pretty lax and have always clicked 'remind me later' when such notices pop up.
Thx.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

HappyPoet wrote:Firefox version 3.6.25
I'll check Mozilla for a more recent version to d/l... I've been pretty lax and have always clicked 'remind me later' when such notices pop up.
Thx.
While it's often a good idea to upgrade one's web browser to stay on top of security problems, I doubt that Firefox 3.6.25 is the culprit. I will contact Arron and see if he has any suggestions.

NHE
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Thx, NHE,

Right now, not only is the PM link missing at the top of the page, but the 'user control panel' link is also missing. So strange. Oh well, maybe tomorrow the links will be back.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

HappyPoet wrote:Right now, not only is the PM link missing at the top of the page, but the 'user control panel' link is also missing. So strange. Oh well, maybe tomorrow the links will be back.
Try this, go into Firefox's setup and see if you might have an add-on that's causing problems. Tools menu, options, general section, manage add-ons button. Try disabling anything that looks like it's not necessary and then restart your browser and retest the site.

NHE
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Thx again, NHE,

I'll give all that a try. :)
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Before getting too far into your web browser's configuration, we shouldn't overlook the simple things. The symptoms that you describe are consistent with the site logging you out automatically after a period of inactivity. In order to stay logged in select the check box for "Log me on automatically each visit" when you login. Let me know if that solves the problem.

NHE
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

NHE,

Problem solved. The site had been logging me out. I checked the box 'Log me on automatically each visit,' and now all is well with the links each time I visit the site.

Thx again!!!

:)

Return to “Site Support”