If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Lyon,

I had disabled it as a security measure (we've been the lucky recipients of hacking before). However, I just re-activated linking to an avatar hosted somewhere else. Give it a shot and let me know how it works for you.

-a
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Fri May 06, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

I put my Avatar in photobucket, but I cannot make the code work. I tried the IMG one and the HTML one. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Avatar

Post by NHE »

Hi Napay,
notasperfectasyou wrote:I put my Avatar in photobucket, but I cannot make the code work. I tried the IMG one and the HTML one. Ken
What you need is the actual plain url for the image file. It should be something like http://www.photobucket.com/etc... What you don't want is anything that's encoded in either html or BBCode tags. PM me if you're still having problems with the url.

NHE
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Hooray! Thanks.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Avatars

Post by NHE »

Hi Napay,
It's good to see that you go the avatar feature working. The ThisIsMS guidelines state that avatar images must be within 80 x 80 pixels in dimension. However, I think that keeping them within 125 x 125 pixels is a good compromise. It would be great if you could resize your current photo so that it's within 125 x 125 pixels.

Thanks, NHE
Last edited by NHE on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoodyup
Family Member

Post by hoodyup »

Just seeing if I am technologically advanced enough to add an avatar. Andrew

Return to “Site Support”