Hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Sparrowhawk1161

Hello

Post by Sparrowhawk1161 »

Hello. I am a caregiver for my girlfriend, Amanda. It basically means I'm caring for her all the time. She does have a professional caregiver for 24 hours a weak. When she's their helping, I am on standby, …so to speak. So, I feel I'm always working. But, the problem isn't me leaving her. It's that I love her deeply. I have a Social Anxiety Disorder; something I have lived with all my life. Now I am disabled as well. It's the times when I react to her outbursts. My disorder makes me fear the outburst. I know this is all negative.
But the reality is I love her … devoted and goal oriented. I'm empathetic so we get along well. She humorous playful and adventurous. So I am on the site to offer advice but also to get advise from others her in the community.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by jimmylegs »

welcome to the forum, sparrowhawk :) hopefully, you will make some great connections!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Sparrowhawk1161

Post by Sparrowhawk1161 »

Thank you for replying. Hope everything is going ok for you. see you on the forum
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Sparrowhawk1161 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:46 pmIt's the times when I react to her outbursts. My disorder makes me fear the outburst.
If possible, try to see her outbursts from the perspective of an MS patient. For example, MS patients often describe MS disability as being trapped in a body that no longer works correctly. They remember how their body used to work, they want it to work, but it just doesn't. This can be beyond frustrating.

Return to “Introductions”