Howdy from Houston

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
bedias

Howdy from Houston

Post by bedias »

New to the site. My wife was dxd rrms in May 2002 at age 43. The Neuro put her on Rebif, she never really tolerated the drug, persistent flue like symptons and she had a minor relapse in Dec 04. Had a Tysabri infusion last month, but as you all know that's gone now. We'll see the Neuro next week, we're thinking he'll put her on Copaxone, he has acknowledged that the Rebif has been ineffective.

She's not told her employer for fear it will kill her career. She manages the accounting department of a national bank. At this time she has no real demonstrable symptoms. If you didn't know she had ms you wouldn't be able to tell she was sick. But who knows what will happen tomorrow.

We have three kids, two boys 19 & 16 and one girl 6. Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Look forward to being a part of the site.
ramairdad
Family Member

tysabri

Post by ramairdad »

Did you notice ANY changes after the tysabri infusion? I know, this was only 1 time. Just curious.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

a warm welcome to you and your wife, you're among friends :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
bedias

Re: tysabri

Post by bedias »

ramairdad wrote:Did you notice ANY changes after the tysabri infusion? I know, this was only 1 time. Just curious.
Ramairdad,
Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm not even sure I'm responding correctly, hope you get this.

My wife thinks she had the best month of her life since dxd. What I noticed most was the lack of side effects, i.e. flu symptoms, headaces, etc. At this time she does not have any outward symptoms of MS, gait, speech, tremors, etc., so there was no change there.

I'm sure we're headed for copaxone, the interferons apparently are no longer an option. She's completely freaked out about taking a shot every day.

Is it ram-air-dad? As in your favorite way to aspirate an internal combustion engine. Just curious.

Return to “Introductions”