New to the forum

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
monkeymynd

New to the forum

Post by monkeymynd »

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum and look forward to getting to know everyone, getting some helpful information, and hopefully being able to contribute in the future.

I have not been formally diagnosed with MS as of yet, but from what my doctors tell me, it's just a matter of time. All of the signs thus far seem to indicate MS.

I have had an MRI of my brain which showed several white matter lesions. I have been having what I call "episodes" for over 20 years now. Brain fog, loss of cognitive functions, etc. and, I have had migraines for over 25 years (not sure if this is related).

Although my doctor says that my diagnosis will most likely be MS, they are sending me for a spinal MRI followed by a spinal tap to verify the diagnosis.

I'm a little freaked out at this point because I don't know much about MS and am not sure what to expect in the future.

My doctor mentioned that she is concerned that this will progress quickly over the next 5 years (due to the results of the brain MRI and the positioning of the lesions) and she is wanting to start treatments as soon as possible. I'm not really one for medicinal treatments, so I am hoping to get some information about natural/homeopathic remedies, if any exist.

Sorry to be so all over the place, but I am just acquainting myself with MS, and this community in general.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

PS - I don't know if it's related, but I have had this horrible itching for the past month or so. There is no visible rash, marks, etc. Nothing seems to work...have tried Cortisone, steroids (Prednisone), Benedryl, Gold Bond, Aveeno oatmeal baths, etc. It seems to be worse at night, and it completely unbearable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

have had the itching too. Found nothing that helped. Just had to wait until it went away. Hopefully someone has better advice.

Welcome to TIMS

Ann
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

welcome to the group and i am in the same boat when it comes to waiting for them to get the offical diagnostic.. so i completely understand what you are going thru..i have the itch off and on.. it will go away at one point and time...welcome to the group again...
waiting for answers