ThisIsMS Rocks!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
bluejay

ThisIsMS Rocks!

Post by bluejay »

Hello; I'm new here. I've visited &/or been a member of a number of MS boards, and I'm very impressed with the level of inquiry and commitment here. I hope, over time, I'll be able to contribute as well as read.

I have SPMS, diagnosed 3 years ago when it was still (barely) RRMS. My history indicates I've had MS for much longer than that, though. I was on Copaxone for a while, now just LDN. I'm still ambulatory, but only for short distances; I use a cane, but will be transitioning to a walker soon.

I'm very pleased to be here!

bluejay
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Just trying out my signature.

bluejay
If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. ~William Blake
It starts with doors...I'd watch out for doors if I were you. ~Neil Gaiman
Kasuku
Getting to Know You...

Post by Kasuku »

Hi BlueJay,

How long have you been on LDN and at what dose? Do you feel LDN has slowed the progression of MS.

Kasuku
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

hi bluejay,

Thanks for the compliment and more so, thanks for joining the site and saying hello. We look forward to your participation in the community!

-arron
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Arron, thank you for the welcome!

Kasuku, I've been on LDN for four months now. I started at 1.5 mg, increased to 3 mg, then dropped back to 2 mg because of increased spasticity. Now I'm titrating slowly back up to 3 mg (hopefully).

I haven't had any new symptoms during that time period, but some of the old ones have worsened (probably in reaction to the horrible heat & humidity this summer). Symptoms alone don't say whether LDN is working; I won't know that until my next MRI.

I have had better energy, improved mood and significantly fewer bladder problems since I started on LDN

bluejay
If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. ~William Blake
It starts with doors...I'd watch out for doors if I were you. ~Neil Gaiman
funstuff

Re: ThisIsMS Rocks!

Post by funstuff »

Bluejay, scarred dosen't begin totell how i feel about this MS. I live in Las Vegas, and yes it get's so HOT in the summer. We have boats, shouldb i never go to the boat doing the summer again.?
Btw. You rock,