Is Tysabri really as scary as I think it is? Help

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
cassy

Is Tysabri really as scary as I think it is? Help

Post by cassy »

Hi Everyone,
I really need some advice from people who actually know what I'm going through. I feel like I,m in hell. I am in a rotten horrible relapse,the worst I have had in 6 years. I have tried Betaferon and Copaxone for the past few years and two weeks ago I relapse so bad I can't even piss on my own now. ( SORRY VERY FED UP). My problem is my Neurologist is saying that Tysabri is the only way to go now. But I'm scared,people are still developing PML and dying.What should I do? Is there anyone else out there in this position? Should I just go for it and hope that this is the treatment that will work for me.
Really need some advice.
Happy New year to everyone.
Cassy
EyeDoc
Family Elder

Post by EyeDoc »

I was scared to start Tysabri as well, but I had my 1st treatment earlier this month.

I am going downhill. Slowly (not slow enough) and surely downhill. I have been on other meds to no avail. So my choices were 1) do nothing 2) take meds that have proven ineffective 3) take Tysabri.

What other choice did I have? I started Tysabri. At least there is a little hope again.

I have a very good friend that is a neuroradiologist. He concvinced me by explaining that the incidence of PML is less than problems caused by everyday medications that people take for granted like high cholesterol meds, etc.