Newly 24 year old Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
luke082988

Newly 24 year old Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS

Post by luke082988 »

Hi, I'm Luke, and I'm 24 years old. I was diagnosed with MS on April 4th of this year after going through bouts of double vision, slowed/slurred speech - in which I've never experienced before. After Feb-April, they did tests that includes MRIs, which showed a white lesion on the brain. I have applied for disability, since being denied medicaid. (No health insurance). Had to quit my job, and give up my car due to the vision problems, plus the added side effects of MS of fatigue etc...Still a shock to me really, but as I began to research I'm beginning to find that I may have had MS a lot longer, like all the way past high school years, than diagnosed. Next appointment with Neuro is July 2nd, he wants to do another MRI to see if the lesion has any activity etc...but I still find that thats long time to wait. I am on Rebif, I start the full doses 44mcg tomorrow actually. Hope I can find some help here. Thanks.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Newly 24 year old Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS

Post by jimmylegs »

hi luke, welcome to TiMS!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ljelome
Family Elder

Re: Newly 24 year old Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS

Post by ljelome »

Hi Luke,

I have friends here with MS who got diagnosed while they were still so young (high school and college students). But they don't live in despair because of their illness. They can live an active life and live happily.
Hope u'll never loose hope and can enjoy life to the fullest.

Many people here who can help u with what u need.
All the best wishes for u in everything u do.

Regards,
Linda