Hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Prairieflower

Hello

Post by Prairieflower »

Hi :)

I have been patiently waiting (most of the time) in MS limbo for a few months. My doctors are pretty sure I am dealing with MS but I do not have any visible lesions on my MRI. At this point, there is no cause for my numbness, pains, parasthesias, etc and we are just working our way through some 'exclusions' and waiting to see if a change in my images occurs.

I have been lurking for a few months and have decided to post today because I woke up this morning with a new numbness. It felt like I had something stuck between my 4th and 5th toes when I walked this morning. I kept checking to see if something was there and there isn't. It's getting more pronounced as the day goes on and I cannot feel the skin in the area. My symptoms are usually on my left leg/foot but this new numbness is on my right foot.

I'm not planning on running to neuro with my new symptom or anything but I am wondering, has anyone experienced this type of parasthesia? I'm curious to see if I will wake up with more numbess tomorrow.
leetz
Family Elder

Re: Hello

Post by leetz »

I would suggest getting an MRI of your spinal cord (this is where my lesions are hiding)....if your really desperate than ask your Doctor for a spinal tap (ouch...but remember the earlier it is diagnosed the better) I went at LEAST 8 years with out diagnosis and lost a lot of my functions, also not a Doctor...just giving my opinion...non-professional of course! God Bless you... :)
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
Prairieflower

Post by Prairieflower »

I had a complete spine MRI. I have a narrow cord in the upper sacral cord. My neuro sent me to a neuro surgeon to rule out any damage. He said he cannot see a reason for this but that atrophy can be seen in MS. He's ordered an MRI for a years time. There's no cysts or anything and my nerves all appear to normal - no compressions or anything.
Prairieflower

Post by Prairieflower »

Jeez Leetz, I am sorry you played the 'waiting game' for eight years. I thought a few months was bad! I've had symptoms for about 2.5 years but they may be unrelated. My first attack that had my doc question MS is a two year battle with trigeminal neuralgia, weakness in my left side and possibly what one would call the hug - numbess and prickles here and there as well. I was shocked when I heard my symptoms could be related to anything, I had to go home and learn what MS was. I had CT of my abdomen and there is no reason for my hug symptoms - my organs are beautiful. Lol. I had this feeling since January twice. The first time was off and on for about a month, the second was about a week. I thought it was my spleen at first as I had no idea of MS or a hug.

Return to “Introductions”