Hi from Chocolate City, USA!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
BethT

Hi from Chocolate City, USA!

Post by BethT »

I'm 51 and have been diagnosed (Relapsing-Remitting) for just over 3 years. I also had a mild stroke in 2007 and two back surgeries (2011 and 2012) and a current herniated disc. Am in the last steps now before finally getting a pain pump implanted. I have two cats; one of them saved my life when I had the stroke and will reach up with his paw to brush away my tears when I cry.

My worst flare-up was in May of last year. I spent a week in the ICU with pneumonia and then three weeks in rehab (PT and OT) before going home. Things took a dramatic downturn then, with two new brain lesions. I don't drive anymore and have to depend on caseworkers to take me to appointments, grocery shopping, etc... so I don't get around much these days. I stay busy by doing volunteer work online, posting Amber Alerts and working with various missing persons organizations. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community, to share experiences and help as well as learn from others.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hi from Chocolate City, USA!

Post by jimmylegs »

welcome to TiMS!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Hi from Chocolate City, USA!

Post by lyndacarol »

BethT wrote:I'm 51 and have been diagnosed (Relapsing-Remitting) for just over 3 years. I also had a mild stroke in 2007 and two back surgeries (2011 and 2012) and a current herniated disc. Am in the last steps now before finally getting a pain pump implanted. I have two cats; one of them saved my life when I had the stroke and will reach up with his paw to brush away my tears when I cry.

My worst flare-up was in May of last year. I spent a week in the ICU with pneumonia and then three weeks in rehab (PT and OT) before going home. Things took a dramatic downturn then, with two new brain lesions. I don't drive anymore and have to depend on caseworkers to take me to appointments, grocery shopping, etc... so I don't get around much these days. I stay busy by doing volunteer work online, posting Amber Alerts and working with various missing persons organizations. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community, to share experiences and help as well as learn from others.
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Beth. We are glad you found us; we look forward to your contributions and shared experiences.

My latest focus is on vitamin B12 deficiency after reading the book, Could It Be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses by Sally M. Pacholok, RN, BSN and Jeffrey J. Stuart, D.O. It is the opinion of the authors that doctors should test for a possible B12 deficiency when a patient appears with neurological, psychological, and MANY other symptoms; I hope this was part of the investigation that led to your diagnosis of MS three years ago.