Every test but brain MRI neg for MS, Neuro still wants to Dx

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Re: Every test but brain MRI neg for MS, Neuro still wants t

Post by Youarethecure »

Well, like I said you can take all this as a good thing. You are able to compensate for the damage that has been done.

Personally, my brain is COVERED in lesions but no one would ever know. I am 25 years old and male. I am very fit and muscular. People never believe me when I tell them that I have MS. Or would anyone believe what my brain looks like. I "pass" all the tests and what not at the doctors office as well. Hell, some days I even sometimes question my self if I am sick lol

Unless I am in a relapse I have very minimal symptoms day to day. Light fatigue, eye pain, and some lovely brain fog here and there. But all these symptoms are very minimal. Compared to what I have heard from others or have learned, I have been very lucky so far.

Whether we have a more mild case or our bodies can compensate for the damage we should feel grateful and happy that we still are ok. Again IF that's what you have :wink:
GeneticTrainwreck

Post by GeneticTrainwreck »

Hi Chris,

I looked at your first post but didn't see reference to whether you "passed" the VEP, lumbar puncture/spinal fluid panel, or other tests as you did the tests at the doctor's office? Do you have spinal cord lesions or just your brain? If the latter, that may be one reason you are doing well, and me also, because I came across a reference to brain lesions causing fewer motor problems than spinal ones. Which would make sense.

J
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Post by Youarethecure »

I just meant the reflex tests, walking tests, all the things they put MS patients through. My original spinal tap was negative though.

They looked at my MRI along with my lists of symptoms and my medical history (optic neuritis at age 19) and gave me a quick diagnosis.

My cervical spine is clear, but I have not done the 2 other sections of the spine. I have had a fair share of physical issues at this point, so somewhere something has to be going on I think.

Spinal lesions present with physical problems for the most part. But the brainstem being affected can also greatly affect you physically. Overall demyelination can also affect everything.