Interfearons and MS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Interferonsarefake

Interfearons and MS

Post by Interferonsarefake »

Well I'm new here and just wanted to say hi everyone and voice my opinion on a particular issue. I was a complete athlete in my younger years until collage. My brother was diagnosed with MS when he was 12. Had a stroke, couldn't talk the whole nine yards. I can still remember everything i saw him go through and now the tables are turned. my most my strength is taken away from me he is seeing me getting spinal taps and MRIS like no tomorrow and trials after trails. But what i noticed is the same stuff they were doing on my brother they are attempting on me and its like literally no advancement in ms whatsoever other than a bunch of placebo drugs that the doctors get paid incentives off of to get to to sign up for them. I have tried probably about 6 interferon all made me weak lethargic and feel like i have the flu 3-4 days out of the weak. How on earth do these doctors think these are in anyway shape or form helping?
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Re: Interfearons and MS

Post by Youarethecure »

Interferons help and have been proved to help many times but there are just a lot of side effects. Personally I am staying as far away from that for as long as I can.

There are a lot of other drugs out there instead of interferons.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Interfearons and MS

Post by jimmylegs »

your body makes interferons naturally.. the meds are an attempt to boost a natural process. you can look after your body in such a way as to minimize the need for those natural or artificial interferons, and also to optimize natural production.

we regularly see folks with an athletic history arriving here on the forum. it makes sense that without detailed attention to factors that are difficult to assess using mainstream approaches, that an individual could end up with an array of symptoms that would satisfy an ms diagnostic checklist and be consistent with the known nutritional problems common to the average ms patient. (wow that was a sentence, huh :S )

i often refer new members with an athletic background to relevant prior posts, in case they are of any interest:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search

interesting research:
Systemic production of IFN-alpha by garlic (Allium sativum) in humans.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17523869
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Introductions”