New to forum-Steroid question?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Chelseagirl

New to forum-Steroid question?

Post by Chelseagirl »

Hi All

About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with MS. I was sent straight away for IV Steroid treatments which I had each morning last week. I think the steroid was Solu-Medrol
I had some bad side effects from the steroids like nausea, headaches, insomnia etc. Most of these have past now. My problem is my original symptoms like pins & needles, tingling and vertigo have all worsened since last week. Where I used to get tingling and weakness in my right side every few days, I have it constantly now.
Also since Friday the day I finished the treatment I have this this pain in my left lower back/buttock area. Its like muscle and nerve pain that keeps coming and going. Its very hard to walk and sit when I have it. I cried myself to sleep last night the pain was so bad :thumbdown: Its gone again at the moment. It sounds a bit like sciatica??

my question is did anyone else find that the steroids made their symptoms seem worse?
i am hoping they have to get worse before they get better :smile:

Thanks
Chelsea
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: New to forum-Steroid question?

Post by lyndacarol »

Chelseagirl wrote:About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with MS. I was sent straight away for IV Steroid treatments which I had each morning last week. I think the steroid was Solu-Medrol
I had some bad side effects from the steroids like nausea, headaches, insomnia etc. Most of these have past now. My problem is my original symptoms like pins & needles, tingling and vertigo have all worsened since last week. Where I used to get tingling and weakness in my right side every few days, I have it constantly now.
Also since Friday the day I finished the treatment I have this this pain in my left lower back/buttock area. Its like muscle and nerve pain that keeps coming and going. Its very hard to walk and sit when I have it. I cried myself to sleep last night the pain was so bad :thumbdown: Its gone again at the moment. It sounds a bit like sciatica??

my question is did anyone else find that the steroids made their symptoms seem worse?
i am hoping they have to get worse before they get better :smile:
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Chelsea (Chelseagirl).

I encourage you to read the following sub-forum and the links you find there: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/natural-a ... 24857.html

Especially this post by NHE:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/natural-a ... ml#p226723

Decreased vitamin B12 and folate levels in cerebrospinal fluid and serum of multiple sclerosis patients after high-dose intravenous methylprednisolone.

Solu-Medrol is methylprednisolone.