Not yet diagnosed, but almost there and very scared

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Legogirl

Not yet diagnosed, but almost there and very scared

Post by Legogirl »

Hey,
I am 34 and have two young kids. I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is like RA, and neuropathy in my feet, so I already have health problems. I went to the neurologist and she told me that in all likelihood I have MS, I just have to get an MRI to confirm it. I've actually had to put it off twice now, both times to be in the hospital for other things. I'm scared as to what this is going to mean for my future. I already have one progressive autoimmune disorder. It's not quite as bad as MS, but still. I don't want another. Can y'all tell me what it's like to live with MS?
Thanks,
Legogirl
DavidRaymondGay

Re: Not yet diagnosed, but almost there and very scared

Post by DavidRaymondGay »

Hey Legogirl

First of all, just know that you are not in this alone. Friends, family, and even online communities will help you.

Second, living with MS is not as bad as one might think. More people than you think have MS and have no visible symptoms. I was diagnosed at age 24 (I am now 26) and am a male- males are known to have worse symptoms. I live with no re-occuring symptoms at the moment and if I do have symptoms in the future than... I don't need to think about that! :) Living with MS and other autoimmune disorders is about dealing with what you can control.

Your diet. (I eat paleo and I find this helps. See this youtube video on paleo success with MS

Your exercise.

Your optimism (Meditation is something that I would recommend to anyone. Fun fact, the majority of CEOs in the fortune 500 meditate. Mindset in all aspects of your life is important.)

Who you spend time with. Get rid of negative people.

If you spend your life working on what you can control, instead of worried about what you can't control you are much better off.

I hope this helps, and good luck. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Dave