New to ThisIsMS, just learned of David Wheldon Protocol

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
hopefulinNC

New to ThisIsMS, just learned of David Wheldon Protocol

Post by hopefulinNC »

I was diagnosed in 2010 with RRMS. Tried several disease modifying therapies, on Rebif now. Looking for a better way. Fatigue and brain fog biggest challenge. Actively looking into the David Wheldon protocol and very hopeful it will be my answer!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: New to ThisIsMS, just learned of David Wheldon Protocol

Post by lyndacarol »

hopefulinNC wrote:I was diagnosed in 2010 with RRMS. Tried several disease modifying therapies, on Rebif now. Looking for a better way. Fatigue and brain fog biggest challenge. Actively looking into the David Wheldon protocol and very hopeful it will be my answer!
Welcome to ThisIsMS, hopefulinNC.

Dr. Weldon's wife is Sarah Longlands; she is probably the member here best suited to answer your questions. Posting in the "Antibiotics" forum (http://www.thisisms.com/forum/antibiotics-f28/) may get you the fastest attention.

Currently, my interest lies in vitamin B12. Since the two symptoms you mention ("fatigue and brain fog") are also symptoms of B12 deficiency, I wonder if your doctor has screened you thoroughly for a possible deficiency – this requires more than just the "serum B12" test alone. Thorough screening includes a serum homocysteine (Hcy) test, a serum or urinary methylmalonic acid (MMA) test, and the RBC folate test.

Being diagnosed with RRMS in 2010 does not mean that every symptom you have is due to MS. We can have more than one problem at the same time.