A plea for help

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
lbreiermsstudy

A plea for help

Post by lbreiermsstudy »

Hi all!

I was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago after losing the feeling in lower half of my body. Went to the doctor expecting to hear that I had pinched a nerve or something ridiculous like that only to leave 3 hours later with a diagnosis of MS. I am 42 years old, am a wife and a mother of 3 daughters: a 20 year old, a 17 year old...and wait for it...a 4 year old! So, yes, I am slightly crazy too! I believe that this diagnosed changed the course of my life (as I am sure it has with all of you). I was in the middle of earning my masters degree in communications when I was diagnosed. I contemplated dropping out but was fortunately persuaded to stick with it. Now...3 years later...I find myself working towards a doctorate degree. My passion since my diagnosis has been to teach about and study about how our thoughts, emotions, and beliefs impact our health. And that is exactly what I am doing right now.

And that is what I need help with. I am conducting an online survey as a part of my dissertation and I desperately need participants! The study is focused on how thoughts, emotions and beliefs impact different health outcomes and behaviors of those diagnosed with MS. If you would like to participate all you have to do is take a quick survey (10 minutes tops usually) at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/lbreiermsstudy. All results will be shared once the study is completed. Not only would you be helping me out with my dissertation but you would also be helping out others with MS. And, if that isn't enough of a persuasion, you could also enter for a chance to win a $50.00 gift card! :-D Thank you in advance for any help you can give! If you have questions, please feel free to ask either here or you can go to the website for more contact information for me. Thanks again!!

Return to “Introductions”