Diagnosed Hello All! Any help for ophthalmoplegia?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
vender
Family Member

Re: Diagnosed Hello All! Any help for ophthalmoplegia?

Post by vender »

I am just going to say there is no cure or treatment for TRUE BINO. I have tried PT in the past. That's great for people who are seeing better but they simply do not have BINO. They are just getting used to whatever it is that is causing them issues.
Sorry for dropping out. My pelvic floor dysfunction has been taking over my life lately.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

lucky for INO patients and the BINO patient in the PT study that it did work (as evidenced objectively in the published photos).
anyway there's the water - peace out!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

vender wrote:I am just going to say there is no cure or treatment for TRUE BINO. I have tried PT in the past. That's great for people who are seeing better but they simply do not have BINO. They are just getting used to whatever it is that is causing them issues.
Sorry for dropping out. My pelvic floor dysfunction has been taking over my life lately.
Check out under General Discussion "'Desatascador, An informal, totally unscientific test", comments by ElliotB (and others) who report improved vision. See "Multiple Sclerosis Desatascador" Unorthodox, original idea.

Best regards, Vesta
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ugh
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

jimmylegs wrote:ugh
What an ugly comment. We may not agree, we can at least be civil. I realize you reject the fluid circulation factor in MS but MSers should be free to decide for themselves. Your supplement/blood test research is welcome and readily available for everyone here, but during the time one makes the MD appointment, obtains the lab test prescription, gets the blood work done, and sees the MD again one will have spent time and money and energy. In the meantime, more nerve damage may have occurred during an "attack" which could have been avoided with an acupuncture or simple massage treatment. Maybe not, but why discourage people from trying? I know I halted my first big attack with a shiatsu massage, but the attack hit the upper spine (azygos vein?) which is probably why the massage worked. Maybe if the brain had been under attack, the massage wouldn't have succeeded so dramatically.

If I had known of the blood circulation issue in MS, I believe I wouldn't need a cane to walk today. I read about Professor Zamboni's idea July 2010 which opened the door to my research which has expanded his idea to include CSF circulation obstruction by structural factors and venous obstructions due to smooth muscle spasms. The issue is more complicated than his original theory about stenosed veins in need of ballooning to open blood flow. (Which is why recent research doesn't negate at all the fundamental idea of blood circulation obstruction.)

Best regards, Vesta
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sigh
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: internuclear ophthalmoplegia

Post by jimmylegs »

for any new searchers/readers

revisiting with the link to the study i found in 2018 that evidenced benefits for INO, and the personal mods that made it work for me:
2005 preliminary report: Physio for ophthalmoplegia (A+++)
viewtopic.php?p=254982#p254982

the initial find in context (third one - kawahira et al)
viewtopic.php?p=252726#p252726