34 year old mom, diagnosed last week .

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
calmama08

34 year old mom, diagnosed last week .

Post by calmama08 »

Hi,
My name is Crystal and last week I was told (via MRI) results that I have a couple of "small lesions" that require me to be referred to a neurologist. I have an appointment with him Monday and am equally scared and looking forward to it. This started last month when I started losing vision in my left eye, went to the eye doctor and BAM was hit with this new diagnosis. Its been quite the ride. I have a beautiful 7 year old son whom is very active. The good news is that my eyesight is almost back to normal but now my left foot is giving me awful pain and stiffness. I am taking ibuprofrin when I need it, neurontin at night (100mg), putting arnica on my foot, have gone gluten free in hopes it will reieve inflammation, and have started a vitamin and supplements regimen. I'm so scared but am trying to remain positive. I took a pilates class earlier this week and what used to be SUPER easy for me, now takes a bit more effort. I really am looking for others who have helped their MS without hardcore drugs. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: 34 year old mom, diagnosed last week .

Post by lyndacarol »

calmama08 wrote:Hi,
My name is Crystal and last week I was told (via MRI) results that I have a couple of "small lesions" that require me to be referred to a neurologist. I have an appointment with him Monday and am equally scared and looking forward to it. This started last month when I started losing vision in my left eye, went to the eye doctor and BAM was hit with this new diagnosis. Its been quite the ride. I have a beautiful 7 year old son whom is very active. The good news is that my eyesight is almost back to normal but now my left foot is giving me awful pain and stiffness. I am taking ibuprofrin when I need it, neurontin at night (100mg), putting arnica on my foot, have gone gluten free in hopes it will reieve inflammation, and have started a vitamin and supplements regimen. I'm so scared but am trying to remain positive. I took a pilates class earlier this week and what used to be SUPER easy for me, now takes a bit more effort. I really am looking for others who have helped their MS without hardcore drugs. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Crystal (calmama08).

Please let me understand: you went to an eye doctor with your vision problems and he diagnosed you with MS (after you had an MRI).

Although you have not asked, I hope you will be open to general comments. I have never heard of someone being diagnosed with MS before the large battery of testing was done to rule out the MANY other more likely conditions that share the common symptoms.

Or perhaps these were done and you simply did not mention them. Starting with nutrient testing… Do you have the test result numbers for the vitamin D blood test (the "25-hydroxy D")? Results for tests to rule out vitamin B12 deficiency? Results of an RBC magnesium test? Deficiencies in nutrients (these and others) can result in neurological symptoms.

If you have not had these tests, please consider asking the neurologist you see on Monday to order them. And request your own copy of the test results – it is important to have the actual result numbers.