New to the Forum

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
TonyR

New to the Forum

Post by TonyR »

Hello my name is Antonio, just recently turned 22 yay me! anyways so i decided to join the forum since i have a lot of questions & concerns & would really appreciate some advice & reassurance to calm me down or get answers. I'll try to make this as short & to the point as best as i can. Just really worried i have MS. Because from the research I've done it seems like a lot of the things I've been going through are symptoms of MS. So for about the last past couple of months I've been having a lot of weird symptoms, it all started this past summer when i started getting this forehead pressure around my nose bridge & forehead, it wasn't painful or anything just a dull pressure feeling it was annoying more than anything & to this day i still feel it but not as bad somedays its really noticeable other days i barely even notice it especially if i find myself distracted the best way to describe it is when you first put on glasses & you get that funny feeling between your eyes its pretty much almost like that. Had Xray,ct scan of head & sinus, & also CBCtest & urine test, ALL GOOD! I go on with my life it got better but then I started with more weird symptoms i started getting this almost like constant pressure feeling in my chest & at times painful especially if i extended & stretched my chest outwards & i don't know if thats what you would consider the MS Hug but that got me worried I also started getting muscle twitching across my body, vibrating feelings in my legs like if the muscle was not exactly twitching but vibrating , there were a couple days were i would feel a really warm sensation come & go on my right foot not my whole leg but just my foot, Ive also have felt my vision get blurrier! not sure if its in my head but i definitely feel it off & for like a week or two i would be getting a pain around my eye that would come & go. & I've also noticed that when i talk at times all of a sudden i slur my words or have a hard time finding the words to say. after the worrying & anxiety reached a peak of all these symptoms I go to the doctor again & he mentioned he wanted to rule out ms because he said some of my symptoms were resembling that of MS or a neurological problem so i had a MRI with & without contrast & everything came back normal! felt relieved but at the same time kind of like watta hell !!!!!! haha & idk if that should make me not worry about MS because i hear some people say you can still have it with a clean MRI :/ but in a way it did relieve me & i went on with my life some days i felt really good other days i would feel alot of the symptoms i mentioned all at once other days i feel some, & sometimes ill feel a specific one for a while & it will dissapear like the chest pressure feeling for example. but the most recent event that just recently happened & really made me scared was about a week ago when i woke up with vertigo! I didn't feel dizzy but when i walked i almost felt like i was tilting & just didn't feel balanced. That really got me worried!!!! & it got better but for the next couple of days after the event i still kind of had a lingering feeling of feeling a little off balance or just kind of brain fog! & idk if i should go to the doctor again, idk if this is all just anxiety because i definitely do feel like a have a slight OCD problem but just feel a little anxious! That vertigo event really got me thinking of maybe actually having this disease :/ any feedback would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New to the Forum

Post by jimmylegs »

hi tony, happy belated, and welcome :)
good that you're in the doc's care, smart to be on the safe side and rule out ms.
more good news: you may already know you're on the young side for ms. and guys get it less too. so the stats are in your favour.
talk to us about life. what's a typical day, week, weekend in the life, for you?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.