Introduction from cath

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
cathg

Introduction from cath

Post by cathg »

Hi everyone,

I've had relapsing-remitting MS for around 36 years, but I was only correctly diagnosed around 17 years ago after suffering a severe exacerbation. Mostly I've been fortunate to enjoy a good quality of life even though I've never taken medication for MS.

I joined this forum out of a feeling of gratitude to those whose ideas and advice have helped me live a normal life. I'm grateful to the MS support group I belonged to 17 years ago and I'm especially grateful to Dr. Ashton Embry, whose work I read online 16 years ago. At the time, I was having difficulty walking, speaking, and writing. I was fatigued and suffering from tingling, numbness, and weakness in my arms and legs. This is anecdotal, and perhaps it was just coincidence, but I tried Dr. Embry's recommendations and saw improvement within a week. Since then, I've done quite well. Even my MRIs improved.

Over the years I've felt selfish to have taken Dr. Embry's ideas, and quite possibly benefitted from them, while remaining silent and invisible instead of participating in the discussions.

Lately it's been interesting to see that there is increasing interest in the role of the gut microbiome in MS, Parkinson's, and other conditions. I'm happy to share my own experiences if other people might find them interesting or helpful.

Cath
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Introduction from cath

Post by jimmylegs »

welcome cath :)

re embry, me too - but with quite a (shared) list of refinements and omissions to both the diet and supplement recommendations.

lots we can do to help ourselves!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Introductions”