Hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by jimmylegs »

Anyhow, the supplements are not big brand name..just off the shelf low budget grocery store variety. But I’ll find an image to link tomorrow.
bump!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
bbeardwv

Post by bbeardwv »

My b12 Level when tested in October was 1003 pg/ml.

The magnesium supplement is:

Sorry for the delay...my energy level the past few days...nicht sehr gut.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

your b12 is obviously beyond fine.

re mag, well that's not hard to see :lol:

item by item

re d3. likely not enough. though the amount is low, it will monopolize the magnesium going in with it. if supplementing, one should always take mag with d3 but one should also, without doubt, take some mag separately on its own, well away from d3.

re calcium, on its own that might be on the high side. adding d3 amounts to a calcium boost. in the literature it has been established that calcium intake should never exceed a 2:1 ratio. that does not mean 2 to 1 is ideal, by any stretch. this pill has gone for a whopping 2.5 to 1 for some reason. not a fan.

the magnesium forms in this product are not the best. track down some magnesium glycinate if you can. i use orange naturals 200mg.

re both of these: calcium supports muscle contraction, magnesium allows for relaxation. when you're working with chemicals instead of food, it has to be done in a very specific way to ensure success! and fwiw, taking the right kind of magnesium all by itself can help boost calcium levels.

speaking of food, and forgive me if this info is already in this thread (may have made this comment a *few* times in my life...) public health guides, DV%s, and related apps will say one thing re recommended mag intakes (i'm looking at you, '95%' on the label...). the literature suggests 7 - 10 mg/kg body weight. high stress (including lots of physical exercise) means aim for the 10 mg/kg end of the spectrum. that's your daily target from food and supplements combined.

re zinc, good to see some of that in there but the form and amount may not be doing the trick. to my eye it looks tacked on to make sure all the calcium doesn't effectively deplete zinc levels. and on the flip side, you could handle a far higher daily zinc intake when combined with that level of calcium intake. semi-related: pls read my last post under natural approach, in the zinc topic. you might find it interesting :)

if i were you, i would maybe get this bottle finished up on an every other day basis while transitioning into a new routine. i feel reasonably confident that you will be able to get the legs sorted out in no time.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
bbeardwv

Post by bbeardwv »

I just ordered this magnesium supplement.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX ... UTF8&psc=1
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

that looks ideal. nice work.

if your zinc status has taken a hit and is contributing in any way to your issues, it will be worth keeping the adult multi in the mix for now and maybe upgrading that later too, perhaps even bringing in extra zinc for a short while to help replenish. genestra's zinc picolinate is my current fave, but it is not balanced with copper - bit of a let-down for a relatively pricey item!

Return to “Introductions”