Hello and thank you.

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
BigDaddy
Getting to Know You...

Hello and thank you.

Post by BigDaddy »

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading the posts on this forum for a few weeks and it’s been a great help. It’s quite humbling but also inspiring to see so many people sharing their experiences and supporting one another. There’s some really knowledgable people here.

I’m going through the diagnosis process at the moment and will finally be seeing a neurologist in a little over 3 weeks after years of suffering all kinds of symptoms that have now become unbearable. With hindsight, I think I have had MS for 15 years or more, but it’s not something I ever considered mainly due to my lack of knowledge about the disease and how it manifests.

I seem to have almost every conceivable symptom of MS and can barely walk without a stick now. Even with a stick I can’t walk very far at all and frequently fall over. The pain, brain fog, spasticity, the awful “hug”, cognitive problems, numbness, tingling and extreme fatigue are ever present. I even have the weird sensation of my brain seeming to move in waves from left to right that I’ve seen some describe here, which really gets me down. Twitching (especially my eyebrows, which seem to live a life of their own) and so many other things including huge problems with my eyesight and hearing.

At the moment, I’m looking at the Wahl’s diet, e-stim and will also try and get hold of some naltrexone once I have an official diagnosis. One thing I know I won’t be doing is going down the conventional medication route, which I have no faith in at all. That’s not to say I am necessarily against them in principle, but I have my own reasons for making that decision. I was misdiagnosed with bipolar and spent 10 years or more being fed huge doses of anti-psychotics, mood stabilisers, lithium and anti-depressants, which turned me into a zombie and I have since discovered that long term use of these meds cause brain atrophy and other damage. All things considered, I’ve had enough meds to last me a lifetime. The last thing my body needs is more foreign bodies or toxic chemicals. I also smoked for 30 years, so I think it’s time I started treating my body with a little respect and care.

This forum has been hugely helpful to me over the past few weeks and I’m sure plenty of other undiagnosed sufferers are reading these posts and gaining insight and knowledge from them. So, thank you to everyone who contributes to the forum for making so much helpful information available.

Return to “Introductions”